You can type here any text you want

installed newer gm cd player,,,,,,,,,,,help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mikes gn

it's out of a 98 gm looks like the same one lots of people have used, i used the gm wire harness #16140051, works fine but my back speakers won't work
is there a certin way the 3 plugs from stk harness need to go into the large gm harness???

Just installed a stereo myself recently. The 3 plugs from the factory wiring harness are designed so they only fit in the correct socket, i.e. there's no way that you could have put them in the wrong place. Just make sure all connections are full and secure, that no wires are falling out of the connector, maybe a wire got pinched when you pushed the stereo into place. Make sure there's nothing wrong with the wiring harness you got.

Or maybe it's simple, are you sure the "fade" on the new stereo isn't set to the front speakers? Not to insult you, but I know myself that when I get involved in something I start to overlook the simple stuff.

on this wire harness 3 plugs go into the 1 gm one, and one more pluged into the radio, but there are 2 that don't go any where, or do they????

Back