You can type here any text you want

Intake manifold

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

nebraska231

I recently was trying to change my thermostat over to a 160 along with a couple other upgrades. I broke one bolt on the thermostat housing and its been a headache ever since. Ez outs breaking, drill bits slipping and catching the manifold. I'm now to the point where I'm just looking for a new manifold. any help is much appreciated.

Saw same post on FB. Think he is looking for an '80 model intake manifold.

I'm in Lincoln and the car is an 80. I've found a 78 but unsure if it will work. (edit) i know now that a 78 will not work. i need a '79+ correct?

Last edited:
1979 would maybe work, but it's cast iron and weighs a ton. 1981 and up were computer controlled and have different sensor holes. You really should find a 1980. Might help to look for 1980 Monte Carlos with the 3.8 turbo V6. As long as it's not a Riviera (FWD).

Sounds like i have my work cut out on finding one then, hopefully a machine shop can get this extractor and bolt out, also hoping i didn't damage anything too bad trying to drill around the extractor and catching the manifold a bit.

79 and 80 are exactly the same 79 is iron 80 aluminum , I have both can probably get you an intake will check this week for you . My buddy has tons of turbo shit in his shed hopefully can score you one.

Back