intercooler

Well, we designed an intercooler to flow enough to support a high HP LSx swap in a Gbody while fitting in the typical "front mount" location of the car without requiring permanent cutting or modifications done to the car.

Unfortunately things have gone slower than we liked, so right now we only have the cores themselves made. Whoever gets it would have to make their own mounts and piping.

If that wouldn't be an issue, we would definitely be able to help you out!

I am interested,i can fab up the brackets and tubing to make it work,i like the idea of it fitting where my precision front mount is,i thought about doing a powerstroke intercooler,i know it will require some mods,but wasn't sure how much power you can safely make with it

Hey Bud,

I just shot you a PM. There is too much to type about these Bell units. I put my cell # in the message I sent you. I am in Cali so please feel free to call whenever you get a sec.

Just so you know, Bell's engineer, Jonathan Gwinn, and myself, worked on this for about 4 months to make FMIC that performed so well, people with LSx-swapped G bodies could use it up to 2,000hp and still have great performance.

At 2,000cfm at 30psi this core is calculated to have .6psi pressure drop, to give you an idea of the performance levels we were going after...

-Tyler

Unfortunately things have gone slower than we liked, so right now we only have the cores themselves made. Whoever gets it would have to make their own mounts and piping.
Probably a better way to sell them.
Being that there are no "set location" specs for the LS conversions, custom mounting and piping is usually a necessity, anyway.
I don't run a cooler on mine. Had I chosen to, the piping, and mounts would have to have been fabed up.
I have a bunch of pics, of LS/turbo installs. No way a "kit" would cover them.
We have a saying here, at the shop: "A kit is a pile of parts, wherein one size fits nothing".

Are the end tanks cast or fabricated?

Here are some pics of my babies... they use air diffusers in the end tanks to help reduce turbulence.

For LSx builds I had always planned on offering just a core, but eventually I need to find someone who I could pay to fab up the mounts on these 2 Bell cores, and make a set of piping for each..I know different intakes and headers will play a role in the pipe location, but it would at least give a starting point...

....in case you are interested, Mr.Leeper....?

Btw the core is 26"w X 14"h X 4.5"d on the big boy. The small one is same dims just 3.5" deep.

Attachments

• 20180510_151253.jpg
    20180510_151253.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 98
  • 20180510_183729.jpg
    20180510_183729.jpg
    885.9 KB · Views: 97
  • 20180512_205820.jpg
    20180512_205820.jpg
    816.2 KB · Views: 90
Thanks guys for the help but I think I have figured out what I am going to do, Tyler thanks for offering to help but I actually have a friend that has one that may work perfect with a little modification

Thanks guys for the help but I think I have figured out what I am going to do, Tyler thanks for offering to help but I actually have a friend that has one that may work perfect with a little modification

oh awesome dude!! If you can get one that is already set up, then dude that sounds great!!

Best of luck to you and I hope you make stupid power with your setup buddy!!

Thanks Tyler, I appreciate everyone's help here, you guys are awesome, I wish I was closer to some of you guys, I would love to meet a lot of you guys

Im looking to purchase an inter oiler for my Ls swap GN .. I know this an old thread but are they still available?

The individual posting about the ic he had fabbed ran into some "problems" and I haven't seen him post in quite a while. Even if he had one I would do the transaction in person as his credibility is suspect at best.