Is anyone on here from Illinois?? What part?

Sean, You have exposed me.It would be nice to have a gathering of all the ILL. group. I wasnt aware of the amount of locals with TRs.I thought I was the only one!!
DDAY 11.25@119 1.51
Where is Ridgefarm????

D-Day i am 50 min east form champaign. Just south of Danville. How is Mike fitzpatrick doing. I havn't talk to you guy's for awhile. I talk to garrett and dweight when they were at morroco for the buick event. I asked where you were and dweight said you had a few thing going on at that time.

Talk to you later Sean

Originally posted by 69BluDevil
I'm on W. Main St., about a mile west of Millikin University. One thing that's always amazed me about Decatur is that you can be driving around and thinking to yourself "Hey, this is a really nice neighborhood" and then like a block later you're locking the doors and trying to get on a busy street with good lighting. :D I've noticed that in other towns, but not nearly as much as I do here. ;)
I know that area well. That's the truth about the locking of your doors! I hear it's getting worse all the time. Amazing, those barracades all over the city didn't solve the crime problem like they expected. Imagine that!
If your familiar with Decatur, ya gotta check this out.....
http://www.prairieghosts.com/midwest1.html

Yeah I have a couple of those Haunted Decatur books. Kind of fun to think about that stuff. :)
There's some neat stuff to see in Decatur, like all the old buildings and mansions. But, it's sad to see how some people don't give a rats ass about them. The Culver house (you can see a pic of it when it was still in good shape on that website) is almost to the point of not being repairable. People have actually ripped parts of the house off (like half of the "cone" on top of the "tower"). :mad: Oh well, won't be long until I'm off to some other state to attend Universal Tech. ;)

Zam, as soon as you pass Caseys and the little bend in the highway as you're going towards Taylorville if you look to the right across the railroad tracks and see the big sky blue 2 story house that is where i live. If you've seen it you may have seen my current car. I drive the blue '91 Camaro thats out there. It only has 58K origional miles and is in excellent condition. I know i'll pay more for a GN but I just love the look of the car and yes it will defenitely be an 86 or 87.

69Bluedevil and Tonya83T, something kind of interesting is that if you search that site and find some pics of "Graveyard X" or whatever it is I have been there a couple times. I know exactly where those were taken. Its only like 10 minutes from where I live. I really don't believe in that stuff but there was one time that some stuff happened when I was there that gives me the chills just thinkin about it.

HEy...for you Decatur people -

Did you know that the NFL was conceived and started in Decatur Illinois? By Mr. Staley himself. I'm surprised Decatur doesn't lean on that for a little tourism.

Originally posted by zam70
HEy...for you Decatur people -
Did you know that the NFL was conceived and started in Decatur Illinois? By Mr. Staley himself. I'm surprised Decatur doesn't lean on that for a little tourism.

Yep, I knew about that. I love NFL too. The Bears are not my favorite team, but I will chose them over most others. If they were in Decatur when I was going up, I'm sure I would be all about 'Da Bears!
As far as using it for tourism, Decatur doesn't exactly need more people to come there. It's pretty well populated. Where I live at now is definately a "Tourist Town".

Hey jkirch26-So which cemetery do you think is "Graveyard X"? I know of a few creapy ones not in that book.

Your right 69BluDevil, it is fun to think about. I could probably write my own book about my Huanted Decatur experiences. A few stories on Greenwood too. My grandmother rests there today. It's beautiful place, jusy way creepy at night.

Tonya83T: Its a little cemetery near a pretty small town called Palmer. Its pretty close to Morrisonville too. More people have heard of that place than Palmer. It is called Anderson Cemetery. I have been there and can easily recognize many of the tombstones that they have pictures of on that site. It really is a pretty creepy place because of all of the old trees and stuff there. You also sink down an inch into the ground when you walk through there. Something about the ground is really wierd.

Decatur needs 2 things.

1) Some decent industry (too bad about Firestone)

And most important...

2) A GIANT FRIGGIN' AIR FRESHNER !!!!!

I used to work at Cat there. I used to have to take prospective employees from the airport out to the hotels in Forsythe. We would go around ADM to the Cat plant because I didn't want to scare them off. I lived outside of Lincoln (Beason to be exact) and drove by Clinton where there are some seriously fast Fords and Anderson Ford. That is a great dealership if you're into Fords. It is world famous.

im from way up in the burbs. lake villa IL, about 5-10 minutes south of wisconsin border, and about 15 minutes south of trevor wisconsin. i travel a lot to crystal lake/elgin area, and up to wisconsin for car shows and what not.

Originally posted by TT/Ameasap
Born 'N' raised in Silvis IL (Quad Cities) TG I got out of there!

:p

HEY ! I work there!

J/K - How is Florida? You can imagine how Silvis is, but at least it's not Colon(a).

peoria boy here, you contaced me via email a few days ago about looking at this car for you, havent heard from you since. have you lost interest? i'd be more than happy to take a look at it for you, just keep me posted. aaron