You can type here any text you want

Is GN and TTA O2 sensor the same?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2QUIK6

Turbo Milk Jug displacmnt
GN uses Delco AFS-20 O2 sensor, is this the same as the TTA sensor?

My TTA would not pass emissions today :( I think it was from running a little bit of leadded race gas in it a few months ago testing a turbofor Harry.....

I used one of my old GN 02s on my TTA. It worked fine. It was a Bosch though.

What kind of turbo did you test?

get a denso and you will not have to worry about race gas. Either way, it is a good all around 02 sensor.

Bo

Originally posted by Sweet6
I used one of my old GN 02s on my TTA. It worked fine. It was a Bosch though.

What kind of turbo did you test?
I slapped on a TE6031E and a GT3251 to see how they would spool with the stock convertor. The 3251 was extremely fast. All GT32s sold so far are of the 3255 variety, this ine is slightly smaller and would run .2 faster in the 8th than stock, it was meant to be a stock replacement.

I have a GT3255 waiting to go on. Have you tested one of those? If so, how did you like it?

TIA

o2 sensors

Hi,
The Delco AFS22 is what was used on the GNX, supposed to have a quicker cycling and response time for more accurate A/F ratio. It is readily available and within a few bucks of the price for the AFS20. I don't know if the TTAs used this stock, but it would be a good replacement. Of course, all ND stuff is pretty high quality, never saw a comparison. Go heated if you want real accuracy, but can the stock old ECM really use it? I wonder...

I tried a GNX one on my stocker ... Didn't work for crap ... pig rich !! I allways used the stock GM one but this was just a high 11 car :p

Originally posted by Sweet6
I have a GT3255 waiting to go on. Have you tested one of those? If so, how did you like it?

TIA
Nope, haven't tried one of those, but know 2 people in the local club with them and they really like them. I was only trying out odd ball wheel combinations.

As far as the O2 goes, I slapped in a new AFS20 I had lying around that I bought for the GN and never used as I switch to a heated O2 on it......guess I'll find out Saturday if it will pass now.....funny thing is the BLMs on DS are pretty much around 128 so I'm not certain thats it or the O2 was just giving false readings to the ECM and it thought the BLMs should be around 128....
Haven't driven it yet to see if the BLMs are different know with the new O2....

If that doesn't work I'll just set the BLM range to be no higher than 124 so its cutting fuel everywhere and take it back again to test :)

Back