You can type here any text you want

Is it possible to ruin a lockup convertor so it doesnt "lock-up"

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

milehighGN

Well, after a horrible experience, I drove my car from where i purchased it (atlanta) to where i live (denver). Along the way the tranny blew the cooler lines. I noticed the car started smoking, and i immediately pulled the car over to see what was up. I ended up filling the car back up with ATF.......didnt see smoke for about a mile....then got it to a guy's house who helped me run new tranny lines. I had Charlie Sikes (great guy) run a turbolink on my car, and the TCC engages......everything points to the TC not locking up. Supposedly it was an art carr 3200 stall 9x11. The stall is definately 3200....it just won't lockup. What can i do to fix this/find out if it really was a locking convertor? Thanks again for your help:D

????????

Pull the pan off, and then take the TCC valve out and see if the port has been plugged off. If it has, then the converter is likely not a lockup. The check ball in the nose of the input shaft will likely be missing too.
Could be too that the TCC valve is stuck..

HTH,:D

Thanks....thats excellent advise. Do you think that is all it good be? I know that you never know until you pull it apart.....but the thing hooks up and shifts really nicely and with firmness. Maybe I got some of the fluid hot and it made the TCC stick?

?????????

Could be. It's time to change the fluid anyway, and the filter too.
Also, check the plug on the dr side of the trans..

Back