You can type here any text you want

Is it possible?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

nos487

I am trying to find me a project GN or T- type for $4000.00. I do not want any rust, just complete car or close to it would be great. So is it possible?

yes it is possible, there was a project GN for sale in my area for 3500 not running, but the guy had issues with the title. It's gone now. I wonder who bought it.

i bought a 87 t one time for the sum of $100 dollars. yes, 100... it was complete although i had to track down the front seats and put a new turbo. how did i get it for 100? the guy first of all was on drugs i believe meth, the car did not run, the tires were sitting in the ground kind of, it had been shot at with bb guns, the front seats were missing, it was red tagged to be towed and the guy was also moving... he really had no option but to sell it to my dad for "whatever you got in your wallet"... my dad had 100... i also had to track down the title which some bank owned and i worked a deal with them and paid another 400 bucks... the car ran great once i got the turbo and it only had 85K on it... ended up selling it for 4000 to someone on this board.... oh well now they know the whole story! haha i think they sold it anyway since then so its ok... anyone got one cheaper than 100 bucks?

is it possible to trade a very clean 1999 Tahoe two door, two wheel drive for an '86 or '87 GN?

Just wondering?:confused:

start your own post to ask questions please.

Sorry about that. I didn't mean to take over your post. I do know of some pretty cheap GN's for sale here in the south though, Texas actually.

Once again, I apologize.:smile:

I am trying to find me a project GN or T- type for $4000.00. I do not want any rust, just complete car or close to it would be great. So is it possible?

Not unless someone is hard pressed for a dollar and is willing to sell that cheap.

I didnt think it was possible to get one that cheap but I just today bought an 86 gn with 92 k miles for 3400.00 no rust in storage since 2002 due to a blown head gasket. It even was modded with a te50 turbo, alky, 50 pound injectors, built tranny, thdp, kb headers, after market maf, ported heads, fully rebuilt motor, and all kinds of other goodies. So if you keep your eye out they are out there once in a blue moon. I got it off of craigslist so check there often as these deals will go in sometimes a matter of minutes.

Why dont you sale it to me for $4000.00 and you can find another. HA HA!
I am not that lucky!

The closest thing I have found was someone here a while back had a GN for $6300 they claimed "nothing was wrong with they just needed the cash". I'm sure it's gone by now.

Second closest was a running cancer bucket. I believe there's currently a "2 for 1" deal in the f/s for $4500. 1 running cancer car, 1 non running parts car, put both together for 1 running good car.

Why dont you sale it to me for $4000.00 and you can find another. HA HA!
I am not that lucky!

Seriously, there are deals out there but this was the best deal i have ever got in my life. He gave me around 5k worth of extra parts not on the car it was like christmas. But to get back on topic it just goes to show they are out there if you search long and hard. ;)

I HAVE A 1985 T-TOPPED T-TYPE IN NORTH DAKOTA $4000 with 87 gn wheels and seats and grill no rust has a built 355 chevy turbo 350 trans with stall white with blackout trim

Bought a car today!!!!

I bought a 84 GN with 87 engine needs work but all seems there. Has big dent right front fender, no bumper fillers, doors are rusty at bottom but he had one good door that came with it. It has adj. fuel pressure reg., fuel pressure gauge and flowmasters. It runs alright but does not start good like it is flooded has been sitting awhile. I got all this work for $3300.00 Thanks to all that helped me stay motivated. Off I go to the parts section.

Back