You can type here any text you want

Is my trans slipping or what?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Raymond Bunch

"Turbo Enthusiast"
Hey Guys/Gals...

This is the situation and hope I don't sound like a complete idiot.

1. While in drive "D" it takes forever it to shift into 2nd gear and then to 3rd.

If I give it plenty of gas and get the RPM's up to 2400 and let off the gas and then get back into it, only then will it shifts into 2nd and the same procedure for 3rd. What could be causing this?

2. The transmission goes into all gears perfectly while the car is at a stand still/ not moving. It's only while your driving it take for ever to shift :confused: Could it be the torque converter selionoid causing this?

Man, I should have taken transmission shop too, i'm lost:confused:

Thank for any help:)

Ray

Sounds like you may have flung the governor spring off. Did this problem crop up quickly as in, one moment it was fine and the next it was acting up?

what is involved in checking to see if the governor spring "popped" off? Do I just drop the pan and see if it's there. If so, is this a easy fix or will I need to pull the tranny apart to fix it?

MeanBuicks

Thanks for your reply.

The answer to your question is yes, I was having a little fun on the freeway with a WRX and down shifted it into D and got on it for only a couple of seconds then shifted back into overdrive.

Well, after arriving at the exit I was getting off on is where I realized the problem shifting into 2nd and 3rd as explained earlier.

Do you still think it could be the governor spring? And if so, what all is involved in getting it fixed, can I do it my self?

Thanks again for any help :)

Ray

It sure sounds like it

slung the gov spring. And yes you can change it and yes Greg or I can get you one. Let us know how you would like to proceed.

Bruce
WE4
PTS XTREME

Back