You can type here any text you want

Is there a 275-50-15 Wrinkle-wall?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

HighMileage

Albany,NY
The Nittos of that size just ain't cuttin' it. I can even spin them at 65 on the hiway.

Is there a sticky wrinkle-wall in the 275-50-15 size?

Yes,this will be for the street but I don't care. I don't drive in the rain and only put a few thousand miles on per year. Spinnin' ain't winnin'!

The Nittos of that size just ain't cuttin' it. I can even spin them at 65 on the hiway.

Yes,this will be for the street but I don't care. I don't drive in the rain and only put a few thousand miles on per year. Spinnin' ain't winnin'!

I have a similar dilemma. The Hoosiers I have are bias ply and require a tube but they are worn. Depending on what you read these are better at grabbing asphalt. I still spin'em (not much) even when warmed up on the street. So, my question was do I get some radials or stay with the Hoosiers......people are swaying toward DR on my thread, maybe try the Hoosier Quick Times like I got. 275 60R15s.

Last edited:
There isnt a wrinkle wall in the 275-50, dr's are the way to go but mayb u should try a diffrent brand like m&h. i hear theyr way stickier than nitto.. i also run nitto 275-50 but evry time i get into my throttle i have a damn problem so i rarely get into my car

Use a taller tire such as a 275/60.. also wrinkle wall will cause the car to sway side to side when underinflated so that's not what you want on the street. Shorter sidewall is much easier to break loose anyway...Use the 275/60/15 MT drag radial... seems to be the good choice that will put some gear in the car and hopefully make them a bit harder to spin on the highway.

the 295/55/15 mt drag radials are a great tire on an 8 inch rim for our cars.

12.0 belly to belly with a 10.9 inch contact patch:)27.8 inch tall 87 on the rollout.

Back