You can type here any text you want

Is this a stupid idea?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

streetknight

DCVING
If you put ported heads and cam on should you go ahead and go thru the bottom end too? Trying to figure out if I wanna do Heads/Cam or bigger turbo?

I'm just afraid if I put ported heads on the stock bottom end it could cause problems. Engine has 130K on it and is Unopened.

ported heads would get the most out of a bigger turbo, intercooler, cam, downpipe, ect... start with a simple turbo upgrade. (before bottom end). not stupid, just have to ask you self what you really want to accomplish. you will improve with your set-up with a bigger turbo.(like a ta49). butt , if you want 500 horses, do it right or you will build it more than once and spend a hell of a lot more money in the long run.

it's probably a good idea to pull the bottom end apart and check everything. i've known of high mileage cars that started having a lot of blowby after getting the heads redone- the valves now have a good seal and that puts more pressure on the worn out rings.

Back