You can type here any text you want

Is this normal?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

kidglok

Balls Deep
Forgot to post this when I took the motor out last month.

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1386276720.270480.jpg

Interesting. I can't imagine it's the culprit, but is your trans mount letting the back of the engine swing around?

bet thats from a wheelie........ frame movin around on impact.... engine and trans stay in one spot.

bet thats from a wheelie........ frame movin around on impact.... engine and trans stay in one spot.

I would agree with that, but my tires never leave the ground on the launch. Granted, I've only got a few 1.4x 60's and dozens in the 1.5x's

Maybe it's just a result of G forces. 1.4 60ft is an average of 1.91Gs.

If you grab that piece with a pair of channel locks, does it feel like it's flexible enough to give, yet rigid enough to stay there?

Kid,
Stop trying to look impressive, you know you hit those over with a hammer. :LOL:
AG

Your lucky they have a little give, I'll take a bend motor mount over a hole on the block anyday.

Funny you should ask. I tracked down Paul at the Cecil Buick event back in September and asked him about this. Mine is the same! He told me it was not wrong they are all clocked a bit in order for them to sit on the perch correctly.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1386377206.034493.jpg

Back