You can type here any text you want

It lives to ride again...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

HighDesert-T

FInally after about 10 days of messing with thing it is on the road again. Mostly it was the header. What a PITA to get to that thing. It had to be taken off the car due the crack going all the way around and down both sides of the weld. Put new plug and wires in it as well. Good time to it with all that stuff out of the way. Had no idea that I was going to have to basically dismantle the front end of this thing to get the header out. But all is done and all I can say is WOW. When we got full red boost the 2 ton rocket came to life. She is slowly but surely coming back to its original power levels. :D

My children are just going to be estatic to ride in the B U I C K again. NOT!!!!

Thanks for all the help... Just good to be back on the road again.

Originally posted by HighDesert-T

My children are just going to be estatic to ride in the B U I C K again. NOT!!!!

LOL My kids are the same, my son hates it(thinks it's a embrassment), my oldest daughter doesn't want driving lessons in it and my wife thinks it's a money pit...I think I'll go pick up my son from school without the mufflers..hehehe

Originally posted by HighDesert-T
When we got full red boost the 2 ton rocket came to life. .

Congrats!!!

Red comes on about 6 psi; you may have another 3 still hiding. Once your there, it's time to go beyond red, into INFRARED. :D

Time to open the wallet (just a little) and get that boost gauge. It cost less than a tank of gas. ;)

A buddy has a boost gauge that he is not using any more. Ditched his 4 bang turbo for a X cammed V-8 in his Miata.

Keep ya posted on the boost numbers and then work on infrared. But is hauls nicely for the moment.

Re: Re: It lives to ride again...

Originally posted by Ttype83
I think I'll go pick up my son from school without the mufflers..hehehe
Visions of Uncle Buck come to mind.

http://www.fast-rewind.com/unclebuck1.jpg :D

I don't have mufflers and my 4-year old daughter thinks the car is cool. My 6-year old son could care less and I picked him up from kindergarten quite a few times last year. :p

There are several options for 2" and 2 1/16" gauges. Try searching the General Tech for ideas. The A-pillar is a good one, but I don't like how visible they are to the outside (kinda ricey). Someone makes a pod for the right of the clock pod, but it expensive. My boost gauge is wedged in the corner of the a-pillar and dash until I find/make soemthing I like.

There is a console pod which sits under the radio if you have a floor shift console. Good for gauges that you don't need to see often.

My kids love the car and my wife is even starting to come around now that I have been winning some awards at the all buick shows this year. 2nd place for 68-2002 convertibles (must be the t-tops) at the puyallup show and 3rd place 71-2001 cars at the portland chapters all buick show at champoeg state park.

Hey Pat,

Nice Sig. Not to get into a P contest but right now my S/C stang will blow the doors off the T.

I will share this. Last year I got my a$$ handed to me by a Regal while driving the stang at the drags. But what I must add is that it was not street legal. Regal T's are one deep out here in the desert so there is no one to bench race with. It is either let someone else drive the stang (NOT) or beat up on the ricers. All on the strip of course. Gonna take the BUICK out there this year and hold smackdown on the ricers. Gonna be fun to watch them get beat by a GRANDPA CAR. My daughter's words.

Keeping the dirty side down...

Back