January MAGNA meet (Maryland): Jan 18th - Autobahn Indoor Speedway

Undercover87T

Maryland MAGNA Rep
Staff member
First MAGNA meet of the season. Most of our cars are sleeping for the winter so get your racing fix at Autobahn Indoor Speedway. Located in an industrial park, this indoor facility has two different track where the electric go karts can hit 50mph. There are also smaller, slower karts for kids under 12 along with a small arcade and snack bar. Pricing for adults is $20 per 14 lap/5min race or they offer 3 for $50 or 5 for $75. There is a mandatory yearly license for $6 allows the use of their helmets/head socks and keeps track of your stats. You can also bring your own helmet if you prefer.

Date: Sunday January 18th 2015
Time: 12pm
Place: Autobahn Indoor Speedway 8251 Preston Ct Jessup, MD 20794
http://www.autobahnspeed.com/pricing-and-specials/

Last edited:
Thomas' birthday is this weekend. We are either going to a boring family dinner at Red Lobster or banging doors in MD. How many other cabin fever MAGNA peeps are goin??????

According to Facebook 8-10 committed so far. Less than a week away guys. It would cost too much to rent one of the tracks so this will just be "arrive and drive" pricing. 8 people max per race. Some people may only want to do a race or two, others may want to do 5 or more. It's actually a pretty good workout.

It is fun if you never did it. Takes a few laps to get use to the turns and it is a great workout for your upper body!

I may be heading down that way on Saturday now so I'll see how far...I may be in!

10 confirmed on Facebook right now. Show up around noon and pay for however many races you want to do. Best bang for the buck would be 5 for $75. You can bring your own helmet or use one of theirs. There are multiple options within a 10min drive for lunch afterwards if there is interest.

Last edited:
Cool Marley. Some of us will be meeting in Eldersburg around 11a at the park and ride on RT32 near Macbeth Way to drive down together. Sounds like it may rain in the afternoon so it will be a good day to do something inside.

10 confirmed on Facebook right now. Show up around noon and pay for however many races you want to do. Best bang for the buck would be 5 for $75. You can bring your own helmet or use one of theirs. There are multiple options within a 10min drive for lunch afterwards if there is interest.
I'll do MickyD's to get there but I'll need more than that to get me home.

Looks like you guys had fun yesterday! Would have loved to join in but the stupid rain turned my driveway and street into a skating rink.

LETS SEE SOME PICS!

Sorry for the late update. We had a total of 10 people come out (8 from MD 2 from PA) and we all got to race together each race which I was surprised at. This was a competitive group, with one race coming down to a .003 sec margin of victory. Out of 5 races I can say I won two. We even had a few crashes. Afterwards we hit a local BBQ joint for some grub. Great group of guys and I'm sure we'll do this again.
6.jpg 9.jpg 7.jpg 3.jpg 2.jpg 8.jpg 10.jpg