You can type here any text you want

John's Performance's "Wonder Bar"

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Who Needs 8

So I'm finding these wonder bars (steering box brace) around the net and they always say "Will not fit on '89 TTA". But John's doesn't say this? Will his fit our cars?

I don't know, but he will....Call him at (360) 658-9966 he's always there and is glad to talk to you about it. Let it ring. :)

Yeah John will definatley know whether it fits or not if it's a product that he sells.

i got the global west one (i think that's the one john has on his site).

they claim that if you install it upside down it will fit.... but the intercooler shroud is right there.... i'm sending mine back to global west.

Man, I knew I should have taken Metal Shop in high school :rolleyes:

I really do wish I was handy with a welder. I just found out the company I work for just sold the Plasma Cutter . . . I never knew we had a plasma cutter.

j13smiley said:
i dont' see it listed on their site... all i saw was their standard wonderbar which specifically says "(Excluding the 89 TTA)"

I emailed him about it and I'll post the reply here...

The Glowbal West Wonderbar will fit, very tight fit but I've seen pictures of it installed on the TTA. I posted some of the pictures on www.gtasourcepage.com a while back but the site is down at the moment.

Lon (topdownsolutions.com) never completed the wonderbar for the TTA as he don't have a TTA to trial fit it on. But his (as well as most others including the OEM used on the Camaro's) sits pretty much where our IC scoop / duct comes down so will not work, only one I've seen fitted to a TTA is the GW one.

Jan Larsson said:
The Glowbal West Wonderbar will fit, very tight fit but I've seen pictures of it installed on the TTA. I posted some of the pictures on www.gtasourcepage.com a while back but the site is down at the moment.

Lon (topdownsolutions.com) never completed the wonderbar for the TTA as he don't have a TTA to trial fit it on. But his (as well as most others including the OEM used on the Camaro's) sits pretty much where our IC scoop / duct comes down so will not work, only one I've seen fitted to a TTA is the GW one.

the site is back up... was it posted in the forums or somewhere else on the site?

Here's the reply to my email about the wonder bar from Top-Down Solutions. This answer has already been stated above...

Nope. It doesn't look as if I'll get back to that project. From what I read Global West's brace will work for your car. You might want to contact Jan Larsson for details.

Lon Salgren
Top-Down Solutions

The gtasourcepage is still down, at least from here in Korea ....

It was posted on the forum, do a search for my name (Jan Larsson) and wonderbar or global west and you should find it. There is a couple of picture of the GW wonderbar installed on a friends TTA. I plan to have one custom made pretty similar to the GW one, I contacted GW a while back asking to buy one but never heard back from them (asked them to ship it to my US office) but seems like they are not interested in earning some easy $$$$ :confused:

Korea?
Are you planning on defecting north again with computer secrets? ;)
Oh, I know, you are planning on a V-6 turbo swap in a Kia! ;) :D
Lon doesn't have a 20th TTA to work on, cause I moved away. After 3 tries, it hit every time. The only way we figured would work, was to extend it, and angle it down. Which would not support the frame where it should.
I would think that the others would be trial and miss, since downpipes seem to be.
Long time no talk to Jan!

George :cool:

Hey George, funny you would mention Kia .... guess where I spent most of Friday last week :D They did not take me up on the offer for a V6 Turbo transplant :mad: don't understand why they sure could need it :biggrin:

[Who Needs 8]So I'm finding these wonder bars (steering box brace) around the net and they always say "Will not fit on '89 TTA". But John's doesn't say this? Will his fit our cars?

Howdy Who Needs 8,

The Global West brace that John sells does fit, I have it on my TTA and I have a Dequick V4 intercooler. It's not a big deal to install it. As I recall, you are in Houston. Give me a call and you can check out my car and see most of the suspension mods that John has, in fact most of the pics he has of the parts are my stuff. We can get with my Buick buddies and install what ever you want, drink beer and have a good time. One of my good buds lives in Dayton and has a huge 3 car garage, great place to work on these cars. My # is 281-478-5214, give me a haller!

89ICBM said:
As I recall, you are in Houston.

Actually, I live in North Dallas. But thanks for the offer . . . I do have a friend that lives in Houston, and some other friends and I are trying to plan some weekend to go down and race it up with him at HRP. I'll have to let you know when.

[Who Needs 8]Actually, I live in North Dallas. But thanks for the offer . . . I do have a friend that lives in Houston, and some other friends and I are trying to plan some weekend to go down and race it up with him at HRP. I'll have to let you know when.

Well DANG! :cool: I thought there was a guy from this board that is in Houston. Well, if you do come down let me know and I'll round up some of the other Houston TTA's and my Buick buddies to hook up with yuh.

Back