You can type here any text you want

Just got off the phone with Joe Lubrant...Seems like a great guy!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Mustang 1

Just wanna say taht I think that Joe Lubrant is a great guy! I just got off the phone with him and he was very helpful and seemed to have the knowledge to help me. I have a PTE 52 turbo with 009's and with the current chip that is in the car the car runs way richat idle and lean up top. I order a street chip for my mixture of 96 octane fuel with a little extra timing and 17psi of boost at base.I also ordered a race chip for 110 and more boost, I think that he said 22lbs. I would like to see 24-25lbs of boost with my turbo. If the chip is set at say 20lbs as a base with my Boost Commander would I then be able to turn it up for more boost? I think with the HD wastegate on the 52 that I should.All comments and replies are appreciated!

Yes, you should be able to turn it up. I run a very similar combo to yours(TE52, 009's, 3000NLU stall, lots more) what kind of stall are you running?

-DC:cool:

Bill,

Ask Joe what the he programmed the wastegate duty cycle on the race chip. I bet he runs it at 100%, if that is the case then the boost commander can't raise the boost since at max boost it runs the duty cycle at 100%. With the HD actuator, a couple of twists of the wastegate rod should put the boost right where you want it. Now, if you did it with the bstc at the min setting (set base at 20lbs) then you should be able to raise it to 24-25 using the bstc knob. But when you turn the bstc off, then the chip's base boost would be 24-25lbs.

Mike

Thanks for your replies! Sinful6, I am running an Art Carr lock-up converter with a 2800 stall. I have not gotten any times with this converter. With the original converter it ran 8.01 in the 1/8th at like 95mph. The 60's were terrible at 2.20's. Rubber covered the bottom of both rear quarters and undercoated the inner fenders! I am working on a tire change. What has your car run with your stall? Thanks again.Oh, a quick question,I was unsure about the converter lock up at wot on the chip;good idea or bad idea? He might havealready burned the chip. My impression was that the converter was going to be set to lock up at like 45mph in 4th.But not at wot.Was this the right decision?

Still awaiting the arrical of my chips! Some one tell me what you thought of your chip that was burned by him! Thanks

Joe is one of the nicest guys in the business. Not only will he help you when you need it, but he'll also talk with you for a minimum of a half hour even if he's too busy to take the time. Guys like that are few and far between. Not to mention he knows a ton about turbo buicks and makes very good chips. I've been running them for years now with very good results (IMO).

Back