You can type here any text you want

kick panel speaker holders

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MALIBU1

BIG ORANGE
I was wondering if anyone knows where to get a pair of kickpanels for a GM G body that have speaker cutouts in them. Anywhere from 4"-6" is good. Thanks for the advice ahead of time!

Are you meaning stock kick panels that have holes in them or kick panel pods?

Q-Logic makes kick panel pods and can be had on the net for $150 i think.

try:
www.thezeb.com
www.mmxpress.com

I'm pretty sure one of them carries Q-Logic.

Audiowizard makes them also

I'm sure he could provide a link for you to view them as they appear to be exactly what most of us would use. Drew:)

Both are good ideas.
Mr Wizard makes some really nice door pods if you want to go that route.
I personally have the q-form kick panels. They are made to hold a 5.25" driver and a seperate tweeter. Very nice panels, with the only problem being that you have to relocate your ECM to make room for the passenger pod. I mounted mine in a box up near the firewall. Other than that small problem, they are great.
Crutchfield carries the panels, but they are probably cheaper elsewhere if you can find them.

yeah but sounddomain sucks!!!

They lie to you and say they have something in stock when they don't so you get nailed with multiple shipping charges and weeks of waiting. GRR!

After I got off of work today, I went to the local audio stor "Sound Connection", and looked at my options. They have kick panels with the speaker pods in them- 1 woofer and 1 tweeter in each. They were $199 for the pair, and they mold the plastic to match the interior of the car. Speakers themselves would be extra. It holds anywhere from a 4"-6 1/2" speaker. It has cut-out sections to allow for the bigger speakers. I would probably go with Kenwood 4 1/2" because they sound great. Any more suggestions?

i'd personally put in as large a speaker element as possible without interference to your pedals.. i.e., a 6.5" driver.

you'll get better mid-bass reproduction.

i never liked the Q-Forms unless heavily modified. they are flimsy plastic, resonate like hell and are no enclosed.

For less than half the price you could build your own high quality kick-pods. there are plenty of examples on the net.. or check over at carsound.com, termpro.com or audionutz.com (tutorial section).

Thanks Jayman and Drew! :) I agree with Dan on modifying the Q-logics. I have done this with many Q-logics by using fiberglass resin, fiberglass matting and masonite to stregthen the plastic and build an enclosure for the drivers.

If you are savy in bodywork and woodworking, you can build your own custom set of kicks and angle them they way that you want which of course will be stronger and better than the ABS Q-logics as far as strength and durability.

Back