You can type here any text you want

killed a cobra

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Goat

I heart Boost and DRs...
Guy was claiming 6 to 700 hp from this car. It was a stick car and sounded really mean. We were both on drag radials. He is in the air force and I have been eye balling this car for a while cause it was for sale, but he choose not to sell. 2 outta 3 and it was over, but if the car was making that much power shouldnt he have walked the little Buick?

Seems like people like to ballpark there figures on the very high side when they race for no money. I go the other route though and low ball my guess. "It's just a little 6 cylinder not making to much horsepower" ;) Nice kill though...what's your setup?

stock (depending on what you call stock)... Thats all Im saying. This car was my dads and I dont know much about it.

Inflated hp however in our case Buick advertized 245hp oh yeah let the ass kickn begin.

It's been my personal experience on the street that Cobra's...in spite of all the high falootin' dyno queen performance...are never nearly as fast as their numbers say they should be....I've come to call them "Slobra's"
Look at the numbers on the Super Snake as an example. They advertise HP just south of 700....but still only do low 12's in the tests.
GT-500's make 550HP....and test ot n the high 12's
The Slobra in the race in my sig is the fastest one I've come across...it was a GT500 with undisclosed mods and on slicks...still no match for my GN on a mild tune at 24lbs.

Now I aint nieve...I know there are faster ones out there...but for me they are a bit like a Sasquach...I hear about them....but don't see them...

Pound for pound tho....I think the 03/04 Terminator Cobra's are the best ones....they seem to be able to make good power and get up and go as well and respond to mods and tuning just as good as our Turbo Buicks.

Maybe they are heavy cars. N the fact that they are stick to handle that kind of power u have to be a real good driver, but thats my target on to kill a 03/4 "slobra" like. Chicken calls then ill be happy.. Overall those cobra are realy gud cars on the streets. That will be one of the few fords i would even think of getting.

They launch like horsepoopy on the street. I bought this bone stock except 3.73's, 80K miles, showroom, garage queen, 97 triple black Cobra with the 03 rims for $6K and it launches like crap spinning forever through 1st with its 315 HP and it weighs 3300 lbs. I can't imagine having more power and trying to hook. I have to launch it easy enough to bite and then gas on it. Launching it hard is pointless.

I bought it for my son as a reward for all the therapy/recovery he's been through for the last 15 months and he also recovered all his grades in school from being run over back in October of 2010 if you guys remember. Anyway I figured what can you buy for $6K that was this incredibly nice and cool for a senior in high school. He's getting 18-20 mpg city. It is actually a good daily driver with great braking.

I had to relocate the seats back about 3 inches I'm 6'2" and the boy is 6'6". I actually find it a very comfortable ride for long highway trips but it is by no means fast. The best I can muster is 13.6 at 104.

Mikey

Guy in my school has an '03 Cobra that Daddy bought him. He said it was a "Waste of good gas" to run my car because it had a little "VSwix" in his best baby voice *chuckle from the peanut gallery* .. I told him that I wouldn't even waste the Alky on him. "What's Alky" lmao. I will find someone who will run.. Someday. I agree with the others though. The new GT500 and the Cobra are the only two Fords I will own. Except maybe a Pick-Up beater.

Zack

Problemb with those cars is heat soak. It could have very well made close to 700rwhp with a twin screw 2.3l or better blower but once it gets hot it'll loose everybit of 100rwhp. Also those cars come with an irs suspension, and are notorious for wheel hop.

I bumped into the guy tonight and he is doing a ton of work on the car since he messed up a head and he said we would have to run again.

Let him add all the power he wants.....he'll just blow his tires off...and spinning ain't winning.
You'll be so far gone by the time he hooks that you might have time for a Starbucks....

Details on the cars and the races? What kind of tires were both of you on? What does your car make? If he tanked a head, I'm doubting he made 600-700. That usually happens when you don't have the proper cooling mods, I.E. crossover mod to ensure cooling on the rear cylinders. If he put the time and $$$$ to make 600-700, that mod would have almost been a requirement. If he made 600-700 and didn't do that, I would just avoid the person all together. It's just a way for you to get in trouble or get hurt ;)

I've owned 3 Cobras and two GN's. I know that cobras can be fast, but it does take a good bit for the IRS cars to hook. What mods is he doing now? If he does a SRA swap, be careful, because that's a whole different ball game.

-Will

My neighbors GT500, with mostly stock everything except for pulleys/throttlebody/exhaust, has run 11 teens at 129.5 MPH. I believe he said he put down around 520 at the rear wheels.

I bumped into the guy tonight and he is doing a ton of work on the car since he's messed up in the head and he said we would have to run again.

Here... Fixed it for you. LOL...

~JM~

Back