You can type here any text you want

leak

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

maverick

Hey there Mac, it is leaking mostly from the rear side of intake, looks to be from passenger side, I drove the car like 5 min and seen smoke coming from unside, so I looked and noticed the oil was mainly coming down passenger side of block onto the starter and stuff. So I put a rag behind intake and thats how I seen that it got the rag soaked with oil in a matter of 2 min. of it just ideling. What a pain, as soon as I get this oil leak fixed, the car will be ready for some test and tune runs. What type of plug you using? I have the Autolite AR472 in this, $3.84/ea. Isn't there anything that's cheap for these things?!?!?!?!? lol. So I ordered 12 of them for it, should be in tomorrow.

Hey, Mav. If you really get in there with some rags and carb cleaner or brakekleen, you may seal that up with some fingers full of silicone sealer. Kinda work it in there after its good and clean, and you may save yourself the job of pulling the manifold to reseal it. It won't last forever, but it should take it down to a livable amount of leakage.

I was running Autolite 104's, and they worked well on the street. Then I out-thought myself and threw the equivalent Autolite platinums in there to save myself from having to get to those PS plugs (with the ATR headers. :mad: ) Now it seems to want to detonate too easily, so I'm going back to conventional plugs.

I'll split a box of bandaids with you, okay? :D

thanks

Yeah, I guess I can give that a try first, what type of silicone you recommend? I know that if I start on pulling off that intake, I'll probably spend half a day on it and go through 1/2 a bottle of aspirin:mad: For a $4.00 tube of silicone its worth a try:eek: Thanks Mac;) I got people in the neighborhood keep stopping by looking at the car, lol. They say, "we keep hearing this thing fire up, but we want to see some DAM SMOKE!!!' lmao so my reply to them is only smoke you'll see now is the oil burning off the crossover pipe, lol.:rolleyes: I was wanting it ready for the big "Woodward Cruise" but oh well, next year for that, I'll just be glad when I can finally get it to the track to see what it's all about.:cool:

Back