You can type here any text you want

Leaking fluid...Brake light on

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

awash242

I was out cruising and all of the sudden the brake light came on and the pedal was extremely hard to press down. I checked the fluid levels and the passenger side reservoir was empty...I put in some more fluid and let the motor run, it seems like the fluid is coming right out of the bottom of the motor...and its leaking heavy...Where do I begin? Thanks

update

it seems as though the leak is coming from the fitting on the backside of the pump. the firewall is wet and the fitting. Is this common? easy fix? Ill be taking the whole assembly to inspect further...

it seems as though the leak is coming from the fitting on the backside of the pump. the firewall is wet and the fitting. Is this common? easy fix? Ill be taking the whole assembly to inspect further...

No, it's not common for the pump/motor to leak. But it can happen.
Ease of fix can be determined once you figure out what is really the cause.
If it's the hose, you can replace it.
If it's the pump housing cracked, you are into more $$. Not quite as easy of a replacement.

It's relatively easy to remove the P/M as a unit, but proper setup once installed is a necessity.

Let me know what you find once you remove it.

I removed the whole unit today and the leak is visible at the rear of the pump(back by the firewall). After I had it loosened up and could get a good look at the problem area I plugged the pump back in as well as the pressure switch and turned the ignition back on. I could feel the air coming from the seam. Should I just buy a new pump and reinstall it everything? Or is it necessary to overhaul the whole assembly?

powermaster

:eek: powermaster unit @ advance auto parts $1055.00 (rabestos).:eek:
:tongue: powermaster @ auto zone $605.00 (cardone). :tongue:
:cool: see em on ebay for $450.00. (unknown brand). :cool:

Im most likely going to go with the rebuilt powermaster assembly from Kirbans because of the lifetime warranty. Should I go ahead and order it or are there other vendors to consider?

Hydroboost Conversion

We Have The Powermaster, With "new" Motor Pump. The Pump Seal Is Leaking Between The Pump And The Windings Of The Motor. This Shorts Them Out, And Pops The Fuse. Our Reman With The New Motor Would Cost $725.00, And You Re-use Your Accumulator And Switch. We Prefer The Hydroboost Unit. It Runs Off Of The Power Steering Pump. This Unit Delivers Up To 2000psi To The Calipers, With A Nice Pedal Feel. You Can Hold The Brake On, And, Some Guys Have Reported 22lbs Of Turbo Boost, Without Red-lighting. These Units Are All New, And Last 200,000 Miles. As The Rpm's Come Up, So Does The Pump Speed, Holding The Booster Applied Even Harder

Back