You can type here any text you want

lets play whats wrong with my GN

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

crazqban

The Power of the DarkSide
Hey guys,
I have a little problem. Its actually my friends 86 GN. The car last Friday shut off on him and left him stranded. He said that a few minutes later he got it to turn on and there was gas coming out of the turbo. He got the pushed the car home. On Saturday he took out the spark plugs and they too were filled with gas. He replaced them with new ones. A friend of ours that is a mechanic told us it could be an Injector getting stuck open. I have 37lb injectors and a chip. We are going to replace them to see if that's it, but I was woundering if this has happened to any one here and if so what was it? Or if you have any Ideads on what we can do?

One other thing we disconected all the injectors and the car starts for a few seconds and then it shuts off, But it will not turn on with the injectors connected.

Here is what we have done so far:

We took out the injectors.
We replace the computer with another computer off a friends GN.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Get it to someone that's familar w/ this car, B4 you lock it up with cyls full of fuel. Do that, and you can likely bend some rods, break a piston, etc.

I had an inj stick open one time long ago while working on the car. My crossover was FULL of gas!! Luckily I didnt try to start it. Be careful with this one!

I believe we found the problem. it would appear that there was an Injector stoke open or even a few. We replaced the injectors and the chip with the 37lb injectors I had from my GN before I replaced them with 60lb injectors. That car fired right up. It did not sound like it had anything wrong with it or any misfire. Do you guy's thing we should check the compression on the car?

The reason I ask this is because I'm sure the cyl's were full of fuel at some point, but the car at that point would not start up. So I would not think that there was any damage done, but I just don't like to assume.

We will replace all the spark plugs and oil this weekend.

Again thanks for the help.

Make sure you change the oil, there is a good chance fuel got into your crankcase

How long had the car been sitting when it displayed this problem?? Usually stuck injs are stuck shut, unless they have ALOT of crap in the system, and it gets under the pintle/disc, and prevents closing.
If it's a dirty system, it's time for a new filter, fuel pump, sock, and a tank cleaning, B4 U mess up the new injs.

Back