You can type here any text you want

lifter tapping

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ckmm

the $ money i could save
i have a bit of taping ccomeing from the pass. side sounds like a lifter i have replaced the lifters .the tapping is still there it gets louder after good hard run then it take some time to come back down . but the tapping is allways there i run 20/50 oil psis 30 -40 at idle 60 driveing . ANY HELP PLEASE THE TAPPING IS DRIVEING ME CRAZZZZZY thanks ck

Do you have the stock rocker shaft system?
Roller setup? Camshaft specs?

How long has it been since you replaced the lifters?
Was the noise noticeable shortly after you reaplaced the lifters are did it start after some time past?

Can you place you hand over the valve cover and feel a tap?As to make sure the rocker is not loose enough as to touch the valve cover.

?

its stock shaft . the tapping came back right after i put in the lifters in it gets louder after i run it hard, you know a good spool. cam spec i dont know it was in the car when i bought it

its stock shaft . the tapping came back right after i put in the lifters in it gets louder after i run it hard, you know a good spool. cam spec i dont know it was in the car when i bought it

Might be wiping a cam lobe....which if that is the case will only get louder and then you notice a drastic loss of power.....that is, if this is the case. Also if one has a loose torque converter bolt, it will tap and drive you crazy, sometimes it is hard to pinpoint exactly where the tapping is coming from when you have a loose converter bolt. Just something to check............good luck with this, let us know what you find out as well.

Back