You can type here any text you want

Line Lock install (leak)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MikeL.

Stay boosted my friends
I've installed a line lock, have it wired up but I have a leak where the stock brake line fitting screws into the 'out' port of the line lock. It's not leaking around the threads but where the line goes through the middle of the nut/fitting.

I used a tube bender as much as possible to prevent kinks but I'm wondering if the flared end of the brake line is not seated flush with the nut and if I can ever get it seated properly. anyone experience this?

Flared seats usually leak due to a few common things.
Trash on flare seat(s)
improper flaring
loose
seating surfaces damaged

The first question I always ask is did you put a female flared fitting into the body of the line lock?

The instructions on the Hurst Roll control aren't very good and don't really tell you that you HAVE to perform this critical step.

If you have, the pipe flare is probably cracked or buggered up.

I bought a brass adapter that was male 1/8 npt that screwed into the 'out' port on the line lock, then hooked up the stock rear brake line fitting that previously was screwed into the MC, now screwed into the aforementioned brass adapter.

just to reiterate the leak is coming up through the middle of the fitting where the line goes into the nut rather that up through the threads.

I bought a brass adapter that was male 1/8 npt that screwed into the 'out' port on the line lock, then hooked up the stock rear brake line fitting that previously was screwed into the MC, now screwed into the aforementioned brass adapter.

just to reiterate the leak is coming up through the middle of the fitting where the line goes into the nut rather that up through the threads.

If the Adapter is 1/8 NPT male to female flare, it should work.

If it is leaking at the pipe, it means that the problem is at the flare, either with the pipe flare (like a crack) or the flare cone inside the female end of the adapter.

Back