You can type here any text you want

Line lock

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

just plain john

El Camino a Go-Go!
While I'm doing the proportioning valve anyway, I'm considering a line lock just for fun and to impress the kiddies with the a little tire smoke. I have the vacuum brake setup. It seems the line lock should go in the line ahead of the proportioning valve, correct? Anyone have an installed pic?

Correct........just after the master cylinder. I have mine plumbed and am waiting on a switch panel from Mark before final installation. To get it plumbed, secured and bleed the brakes it took about an hour.......easy install.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't two brake front lines leave the p valve? I'll go see when it gets daylight, but I think thats the way it is. If the line lock is installed after the p valve wouldn't it need 2 ports in and out?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't two brake front lines leave the p valve? I'll go see when it gets daylight, but I think thats the way it is. If the line lock is installed after the p valve wouldn't it need 2 ports in and out?

In the link...... you will see a "t" for the front lines OR you will need a line-lock with 4 ports(2in---2out)

2 questions on this matter.....

1. I've been informed that if you install a line lock BEFORE the proportioning valve, it will cause issues....and that the line lock is better suited AFTER the valve....any truth to this?

2. I've also been informed a line lock before the proportioning valve is not correct per IHRA rules.....again any truth to this?

Thanks!

2 questions on this matter.....

1. I've been informed that if you install a line lock BEFORE the proportioning valve, it will cause issues....and that the line lock is better suited AFTER the valve....any truth to this?

2. I've also been informed a line lock before the proportioning valve is not correct per IHRA rules.....again any truth to this?

Thanks!

I've never had any issues, and mine is installed as you see it in the attached picture. Been there for over 10 years.

I've also never had a tech inspector say anything about it.

Attachments

• LLOCK.JPG
    LLOCK.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 225
Back