Local 70 Or 71 Gsx Wanting A Taste. What's My Chances?

SMOKE JENSEN

BIRD OF PREY
Hi guys,
Need a little advice. I just purchased my tta last year. Don't know what she will do in competition against this guys car. My tta has just a few mods. Adj. fuel regulator, tpi sensor & a chip upgrade. Chip was installed by Wayne Haydock in the Moore, Reidville area here in the Spartanburg SC area. He described the chip as a hot streak chip. Made a big differance in the preformance. He also put it on his scanmaster for tuning. For what mods it has, its running great in his opinion. The car currently has 24,564 miles on it.

This guy has been eyeballing me and reving his car up at me alot. Its a beautifull car. I'll give him that. I don't know what mods he has. It's not like i can go up and ask him before we go at it. I very ignorant as to what the 70 or 71 Gsx had to offer. In your opinion. What are my chances? I mean my car runs very fast. In my opinion. I hate to bust a buick ass. But he's begging for it. Let me know what you think. I don't mind waiting until i add a few more mods before i jump. thanks.

SMOKE

:confused:

Hey Smoke, GO FOR IT! If you lose, you lose. There's no shame in that.

Just think, if you win you can show him what he got beat by...........a little V6:D

Try to take the battle to the track though. I'd hate to hear that either one of you got in trouble or WORSE:eek:

Show em who's king! and have fun.

GSX

If it is a real 70 -71 GSX , it has a stage 1, 455 cubic inch buick big block in it. The GSX had stripes on hood, up the side of car and on the spoiler. They were supposedly high 12 second cars if they got traction. My recommendation is to check out his car a little and talk to him. He might like TTA's and is just curious as to how they run against hsi buick. Check to see if he has a soft compound tire,(sticky tires or slicks). We all know our TTA's spin a lot without sticky tires. If your serious about winning you need to get some sticky tires so you can launch the car under boost. The best bang for the buck horsepower wise I found for the TTA is the 3 inch down pipe with Terry Houston head that John's performance sells. The link is www.johnsperformance.com he is a TTA owner and builds and carries performance parts for the TTA. Also replace the catalatic convertor with a test pipe. :cool:

thanks mr transam3,

i believe wayne haydock who is doing my mods is headed in that direction with my car.. i'd like to take my tta to 450 to 500 hp. and it is a real gsx this guy has. its the white ones.:D

Originally posted by SMOKE JENSEN
thanks mr transam3,

and it is a real gsx this guy has. its the white ones.:D

Not neccessarily.... in 1970, Buick built about twice as many of the Saturn Yellow (QQ code) GSXs as they did Apollo White (10 10 code) ones. Roughly about 400 to 200 some odd. Cars could be had with either the Stage 1 or non Stage 1 455 engine. 4 speed cars received lower gearing such as 3:64 to 1. Auto/AC cars were 3:42 to 1 I believe. These cars irregardless of engine had gobs of torque with the highest ft/lb ratings of torque than any other car built during the musclecar era. Rare birds indeed but many people have built their own clones due to prices of the real ones. Buick also offered the GSX package in 71 and 72 but it could be had at different option stages and not a complete package like in 70. 71 and 72s also could get the GSX options on a 350 (Buick) car as well as several other exterior colors.