You can type here any text you want

lock up tc ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I had the same problem. You have to go into "View", then go down to "System Configuration" then go to "Sensor Calibration" next go to "Rate Sensor Calibration". There will be 3 boxes. put 1800 in the first box, 995 in the second, and 100 in the last box. This Calibration is almost dead nuts on my car. If it doesnt work for you play around with the box labled "MPH Calibration". Then you can set you TCC lockup parameters. I was told that you need a driveshaft sensor and the FAST stuff, but I used this instead and saved some money. BTW I have stock gears in the trans and rear, and 17" rims.

I had the same problem. You have to go into "View", then go down to "System Configuration" then go to "Sensor Calibration" next go to "Rate Sensor Calibration". There will be 3 boxes. put 1800 in the first box, 995 in the second, and 100 in the last box. This Calibration is almost dead nuts on my car. If it doesnt work for you play around with the box labled "MPH Calibration". Then you can set you TCC lockup parameters. I was told that you need a driveshaft sensor and the FAST stuff, but I used this instead and saved some money. BTW I have stock gears in the trans and rear, and 17" rims.

What is the overall diameter of your 17" wheel/tire combo.? Good info., BTW...

K.

I forget, the car is in NC right now and i'm in PA. I think there 275/50or45/17.

Thank you for the advice, I think I am going to get the fast VSS then go from there.

Thanks WhiteTType I used your numbers and they were with in 2mph of actual speed. Still no lock up, I shorted the top left and right terminals on the factory under dash diagnostic port and still no lock up so I got problems somewhere else any ideas on where to start tracking this down.

TCC lock up with XFI

I believe the shorting the two pins together on the ALDL will still work even with the XFI installed.

Electrically, the only other thing I can think of that would prevent your converter from locking up is the brake switch. There are actually two switches in the brake switch assembly. One is for the brake lights and the other is for the torque converter. If that switch is not properly adjusted, the converter won't lock up.

If it still not locking up, I'd look at the converter itself or the tranny pump.

I believe the shorting the two pins together on the ALDL will still work even with the XFI installed.

Yes it will. This is how I was doing it on the dyno at the Richard Clark event this past fall. The car has XFI and a Vigilante...

K.

I was unable to access the links on this thread. I am having an issues with the convertor locking and unlocking under mid throttle. On a newly installed xfi. Unplug electronic sensor and it shifts and runs fine. Do those links cover that kind of issue?

Does the mph read correctly on the XFI? If not, calibrate the rate sensor. Did you set the TCC settings?

Thanks for the response Cal. Not sure yet. I need to get software loaded to my laptop to data log, but it was setup for tcc.

Took it out today finally no rain. Pulled up the speedo gauge in XFI it is way off...55mph on highway xfi was bouncing between 90-160mph. It would slow down and hang between mostly 120-160mph. How can I try to calibrate this? Also, this is with the electronic plug for the convertor disconnected

Back