You can type here any text you want

lockup for street chip?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Renthorin

Lone Wolf
I just got a RA100 chip for street cruising around town. I don't take the car to the track.

I know I told them I wanted normal tc lockup functions. Today when I went for a cruise I noticed the TC does not lock unless I am over 65mph.

I read that their 'race' chips lock the TC over 65 automatically or something like that.

Question - is it better on a street car to have the TC lock at 45 like it used to or not?

I like it having stock lockup parameters for normal cruise on the street. I'd have him correct it.

Race chips you are talking about is for locking it WOT at a certain mph and not necessarily cruising speeds.

I agree with Mr. URL

When I returned my TCC lockup to stock settings I gained close to 4 MPG in mileage. I changed the lock/unlock load settings quite a bit though to taylor it more to my driving habits.

If you have somebody that burns chips near you it might be worth your while to get with them and explain what you'd like to have done.

Charles Brooks

Back