You can type here any text you want

Looking for a nice 4 door G-body for a GN swap

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

qwiktim

I've wanted to do this for quite some time and never got around to it. Now that we have two kids that want to ride around with me it's time.

I'm in search of a nice and clean 4 door 1978-1987 G-body of some type.......Malibu, Regal, Lemans, Cutlass, Bonneville, ect.......... not interested in a 2 door, and would consider a wagon if very clean. I'm not looking for a clapped out rusty piece of crap, I want to build a nice clean driver. The more Grandpa looking the better.........woodgrain, luggage racks a plus ;)

I have a complete and pretty decent 1986 T-Type that I will be using for the swap, so I will have a complete dark red body and dark red interior to sell afterwards, or trade toward a car to use.

I am willing to travel for a good car...........

I have an '86 Cutlass Supreme 4-door with about 70,000 miles on it. It is the silver grey color. Has 15" body color Olds Rallye wheels with Michelin tires. It has a Grand National rear sway bar on it and along with the Michelins on 15" rims and top of the line Sears shock absorbers, it handles really well. Starts and runs every time. The car is very clean.

The car is located about an hour west of Charlotte, North Carolina, and I would like $4,000 for it. It has a very clean blue cloth interior and the A/C is converted to R-134A.

I am going out of town this weekend, but could send you some digital pics next week.

The car could use a paint job, because the silver grey is fading. There is one small dent on the lower right trunk lid from a slight (and I do mean slight) parking lot altercation. It's been in the garage or carport most of its life.

The price is not cast in concrete, but I am close on it. I could help with delivery for it, say to Knoxville Tennessee or thereabouts. It would drive from NC to Ohio with absolutely no problems. The car has been to the GS Nationals and to Memphis, TN several times.

My email address is: hlutz3@carolina.rr.com

Race Lutz
Waco, NC

Thanks for the heads up, but to be honest $4000 for a 1986 4 door that need paint seems a bit excessive. If the price gets more negotiable, please send pics..... thanks.

I have relatives in Mooresville, so it sounds like your close to where I frequent.

If you will notice, I said that the price is not cast in concrete. Have you ever heard of a counter-offer? Well, make one!!!

I had to start somewhere. I could have said I would take $750.00 for the car and you probably would have jumped on it. But I will not accept $750.00 for the car.

If you want a nice clean older 4-door G-Body car for just a pitance, it's not going to happen with me. This is a nice car! I can keep this car and drive it for at least 10 more years and get my 22 mpg on and on.

Anyway, let me read your counter-offer.

Regards,
Race

Back