You can type here any text you want

Looking for help (shop/vendor) in Pensacola, FL

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

b_rich24

I've got a nasty exhaust leak between DP elbow and turbo. I am currently going to school in P-cola and am not familiar w/the area. I need a gasket because the DP (3" ATR style - from BUICKGN.com) does not mate flush with the exhaust housing (or else I wouldn't use one at all). They supply one, but it blew out on post-install test drive. POS. OBTW, that was only w/ 8-10 psi of boost.

Thanks in advance.

Brian Richardson
87 GN - TE60

You could remove the down pipe and turbo housing and have them milled flat. Im sure the amount of material removed and price would be minimal. There should be no need for a gasket in that location at all.If it blew once is gonna happen again.

That was my initial thought. I've got it for action right now. I was hoping there would be a fellow TR owner from Pensacola to quickly point me in the direction of a shop. I'm from Jacksonville, and am in P-cola breifly for school. Thanks for the input.

Brian

I've got a nasty exhaust leak between DP elbow and turbo. I am currently going to school in P-cola and am not familiar w/the area. I need a gasket because the DP (3" ATR style - from BUICKGN.com) does not mate flush with the exhaust housing (or else I wouldn't use one at all). They supply one, but it blew out on post-install test drive. POS. OBTW, that was only w/ 8-10 psi of boost.

Thanks in advance.

Brian Richardson
87 GN - TE60

BTW, POS was in reference to the gasket - NOT the DP. The DP is a very nice piece that fits/looks perfect (w/exception of flush fit to turbo, but that will be taken care of and is not the norm). I'm not a fan of gaskets when it comes to exhaust. Everytime I try and use them, they fail me. Hopefully, I will finally learn my lesson and leave them off!

Back