You can type here any text you want

looking for turbo car

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbowannabe

Hey guys,
I posted on the cars for sale section here but never considered seeing if there were any TTA's for sale preferabley below $9k. If anyone knows anything please let me know

thanks
dan

There is a TTA for sale over on the Turbo6Power website, Roc87 has it listed in the cars for sale forum for $7,950, sounds like it needs a little work,but it is in your price range. HTH

James

Hey Dan I talked to you on the phone saturday. As far as TTA's go they are about double on insurance, have fewer parts available, and some of the parts that are available are more expensive. The other thing that sucks is TTA's get no recognition on the street, a GN always gets way more respect. Most people see a TTA and think its a dog 305 or some thing(this has always drove me nuts). That said I still like my TTA better. Ive always liked the looks and handling of 3rd gen f-bodies, and GN's drive trains. That makes a TTA a no brainer for me.

HTH and Good luck shopping.

Jason Loftus

Originally posted by postal
Most people see a TTA and think its a dog 305 or some thing
That's what makes them so fun when you hand it to an LS1 car, just beat them with your 305 TPI hog, at least so they think. The TTA is so quiet, they think their hasn't been anything done, so they think they just got beat by a near stock GTA...

As far as finding one in your price range, shop ebay, thats where I found mine, there are usually several on there at any given time.

Thanks TurboTaone,
got it for sale here too. Right now I'd take $7500 cash (Might throw in a set of M/T ET Streets on some camaro RS rims too. Really need to sell it, (And the Iroc too:( )

Everything is great with the TTA, minus the body. Came from Chicago, so it's starting to get some rust bubbles..........

Looks like a decent price for the car. Do you have any pics and more info you could give me on the car? How bad is the exterior, how many miles? I'de really like to get a TR or TTA right now and I'm really close to selling my car, but bad thing is I just lost my job on Friday. But hopefully I'll be able to get another job here within a week and get things straightened out. I don't think I'll have too hard of a time getting one.

Thanks
dan

You wanna get back to me? I am working another deal with the TTA right now, so It may be gone soon.

Kyle,
I'm interested in your car but like I said in my post I've lost my job and need to get another before I can take out a loan to get a car. You said the blue book on my SC was $3500, but it needs the front and possibly rear bumbers painted. Really I've got the car adverstised for the price and that's a hell of a deal on it. I had someone come look at it yesterday But I'm going to drop resumes at a whole bunch of places tommorow, and I talked to one guy today that said he was looking for some help so if I get that all taken care of then I'll definately get back to you. But don't let me hold you up, if someone wants the car then do what you've got to do. Do you have any idea what the knock problem is caused by?

thanks
dan

I am beginning to either say its the ECM or a weak fuel pump. Something is just not right, I got a tick of knock at about 8-10lbs today. Nothing major, just barely detectable, but who knows.

I am going to get ahold of someone that has forgotten more about these cars that I will ever learn here soon to lend me a hand.

First thing, we are going to put some 116 gas in it and see if that fixes everything... which I am not sure what conclusion this will net.

Other thing is we are going to swap out the ECM for one we know is good. The ECM in the car is a remanufactured unit with a Thrasher chip, I had to replace the factory one when I got it, some reason it decided to take a dump a day after I got the nose cone and fenders lined up. Go figure on that one, just when the car looks presentable, the computer makes it spit sputter, die, not start and all that other stuff. Though the car is not doing that this time, but I still have to wonder.

It has new Coil packs (that we tested before putting them on the car), Ignition module was bench tested and worked checked out. Has new plugs (Factory issue AC R42LTS's) and MSD wires. We have checked and cleaned all the Grounds, Checked and cleaned the connectors.

So, what we are down to is.

Bad ECM
Bad Knock Sensor
False knock (i.e. DP bumping fram rail)
Bad Electrical circuit

Everythign in the car seems to work great so I doubt its a circuit,
I hear the Down pipe buming only while setting at a red light with the brakes on. as soon as you put it in nutural or give it gas it stops, but I may need to inspect this issue further

Bad Knock sensor... possibility, it is almost 15years old, but probably not the culprit

The ECM has been throwing bad frames of data to the lap top through the ALDL port. So, I am leaning more towards this.

One thing I do know for sure is that it is nothing internal, unless I have weak valve springs.

Oh and anothe sign is that the IAC seems to like to fluctuate whil in cruise control. I am wondering if the ECM is telling it to do somethign when its not suposed to. This causes a slight surge to the car.

Weird huh?

Back