Lowered cars, please help!!!

CanVan87GN

Fellow GN owners, I have a lowered car with 2" lowering springs in the rear and 2" drop spindles up front. The car has new springs up front good suspension techniques in the rear. My problem is that I bottom out on the front right side going over hard bumps. It wouldn't be such a concern but the driver's side doesn't do this and believe me, I've tried. Has this happened to anyone else with a lowered car:confused: It is really annoying and I'll do whatever it takes to fix it. (Other than putting the car back up to it's normal ride height, too much invested) Cheers!

Yep,

Same thing on mine, I took one of the bolts out on the inside, that holds the inner fender to the outer fender and that helped. If you look you will problably see one that is rubbed clean. If not there then in will be the top of the inner fender. Nothing you can do but cut it or go with a short tire.

Chuck

Originally posted by CanVan87GN
Fellow GN owners, I have a lowered car with 2" lowering springs in the rear and 2" drop spindles up front. The car has new springs up front good suspension techniques in the rear. My problem is that I bottom out on the front right side going over hard bumps. It wouldn't be such a concern but the driver's side doesn't do this and believe me, I've tried. Has this happened to anyone else with a lowered car:confused: It is really annoying and I'll do whatever it takes to fix it. (Other than putting the car back up to it's normal ride height, too much invested) Cheers!

The stock spring rates are just about enough to keep the cross member from rubbing on the ground. Way too soft for a lowered car.

The stock geometry is so bad that I perfer to use the stock spindles, with cut springs so you get a better camber curve.

You also need shocks to match the springs. And the best answer for them I've found is the bilsteins, and I've tried about all them available other then Konis.

I'm currently running the 12" front brakes and 5660 TRW springs with a loop cut off of them, with Bilsteins. It's pretty firm riding, but handles great. And it's not ment for running fast on a rough road.

Thanks for the tip wilkinshc! Why doesn't it bottom out on the driver's side? Does it have something to do with the geometry of the car? I will get rid of the bolts and see how it goes for now.

Just read Bruce's reply and I should have said that I have the stock springs. Maybe I should put a stiffer spring and better shock.