Lowering the GN....... Eibach Springs?

JadeMonkeyStang

TRs on the Brain
In the pursuit of better looks and handling I'm consdering lowering the car a bit. I might be purchasing a set of Eibach pro-kit springs that are supposed to lower the car 1" in the rear and .8" in front. Does anyone have any experience with these? Will they interfere running 275/60/15 Nittos on the stock GN rims? I've searched and read through a good deal of threads but I'm looking for a bit more info/opinion.

Basically I just want the body tucked down around the wheels. I'd like to see a little better handling as well without a big trade off in ride quality. Bilstein shocks would also be part of the package if I go this route. Any suggestions ofr other options? Would lowering spindles (Belltech perhaps) or maybe coilovers (just how pricey are these?) be a better option for me? Thanks guys?

-Jade

My GN was already lowered when I bought it. It has Bell Tech spindles on the front (Not sure if the stock springs were cut or not) In the rear the car sat a bit too low and wasn't sure what the previous owner had in there. Matched them up with a set of 79 Mustang springs and bought a set and cut them down about 1 coil to get the height I wanted. I am running 275/60x15 BFG drag radials and they are tight but do work. I trimmed the lip on the fenderwells and did have to run a thin spacer on the driver's side for frame rail clearance.

When I switch to my Weld Wheels with Hoosier Q/T pros I have another set of springs that bring the rear up about another 1". Check out my site to see how my car sits.

http://www.buickgn.com/boost.html