You can type here any text you want

MAF correction vs Air temp

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BJM

If my car uses a translator set up with a conventional chip, the conventional chips alter the airflow because the stock MAFs were not internally compensated. I believe the new ones do not require this table and in fact if they did it would be different from the existing table. Should this stuff be zeroed out?

Originally posted by BJM
If my car uses a translator set up with a conventional chip, the conventional chips alter the airflow because the stock MAFs were not internally compensated. I believe the new ones do not require this table and in fact if they did it would be different from the existing table. Should this stuff be zeroed out?

Might as well. The corrections are really minor, and only get really meaningful at only extreme temps.

Not sure what you consider an extreme temperature but right now my car is inhaling air at ~20-40 F which does seem to alter the airflow by as much as 10%. Shouldn't that be several BLM counts?

Originally posted by BJM
Not sure what you consider an extreme temperature but right now my car is inhaling air at ~20-40 F which does seem to alter the airflow by as much as 10%. Shouldn't that be several BLM counts?

Looking at the way the table is populated will answer your question.

BLs also depend on injector sizing. Once you tamper with things, expecting the system to work as designed, will be wrong.
For example, if you change the air filter, mufflers, and gain 20% in HP then you should be running a 20% larger injector. The BSFC calculation folks like to quote is for aftermarket ecms, and none closed loop applications. If you want to run closed loop correctly then you need to follow the oem logic all the way thru. Not to mention the strategy of just running injectors static, and considering that good enough.

And timing will effect O2 readings. So with no timing correction due to MAT, then yes it's easy to have some drifting from 128s.

Back