You can type here any text you want

MAF question.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

chicagoTTA

Crack Baby
Not too long ago, I purchased a slightly used LS-1 MAF. Came with the slightly used T+. It has no screens. Which, I remember was a common mod for other type of cars.

But I think I've read something about it needing to have at least one screen or it screws something up? Some sort or reading... don't remember what exactly.

Anyone know about this? Forgot where I read/heard this. But I thought it was a reputable source. Eric's website maybe?

Just wondering if I should sell it and get another, or anyone here using a screenless MAF?

The screens are there to create a laminar flow across the element, removing them can cause inaccurate reads. The stock MAF's seem to be way more sensitive than the MAFs on the 4th gen cars, so if drivability is fine and MAF #'s are consistant, why bother, but I'm sure you can pick up 3.5" LS1 screens all day on the LS1 boards all day long for peanuts :biggrin:

I've yet to see any flow#'s from tests or worth while benefits from pulling the screens. If someone thinks the screens are holding back air, go to a 4" ZO6 MAF or go MAF less.

Those stock GM sensors rob sooo much power. I went 126 in the 1/4 on a POS original MAF.. :rolleyes:

Back