You can type here any text you want

Maf Translator and LS1 maf questions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TrAb

BOOSTIN
Hey guys i have a MAF translator i bought a while back and my buddy just gave me a old LS1 maf he had laying around tonight. First question is this is a performance LS1 maf and has no screens in it. Is that ok? Also the GM IAT sensor, is there any piticular place it has to be? Was wondering if i could move it behind the MAF or if i can put it inside the front of the MAF itself (this maf is plastic and would be easy to tap a hole in one side of it). Thanks

Hey guys i have a MAF translator i bought a while back and my buddy just gave me a old LS1 maf he had laying around tonight. First question is this is a performance LS1 maf and has no screens in it. Is that ok? Also the GM IAT sensor, is there any piticular place it has to be? Was wondering if i could move it behind the MAF or if i can put it inside the front of the MAF itself (this maf is plastic and would be easy to tap a hole in one side of it). Thanks

'Probably' ok with no screens in the maf.... some cars are a bit finicky though with no screens.. you can probably adjust any idle hiccups out with the translator... you 'could' put the iat just about anywhere pre-turbo... the iat compensation is a pretty small percentage of the total equation, but most put it near the filter inlet, often in the filter flange itself... Would not be a good idea to put it directly in front of/behind/and especially 'in' the maf as it will disrupt the airflow thru the maf, and the maf likes a nice, smooth airflow past it, which the screens help accomplish...

Back