You can type here any text you want

Man IM stuperfied

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Junior Samples

Walk Away
Well IM brand new here as of a week or so, I picked up this 87T for 6K on July 28th its had some work done to it, Ive got the sheet from the engine builder like 30 over, a poston 107 cam which is like 430/254...107 lobe center and 202@.050

The motor is little over stock but the trannys built and the rear end also.

Anyway Although I had a sweet 68 GS softtop that I built a 455 for it..loved it but through the years its all been vettes.

Long story short...I can tune them..lol...I keep seeing all thease books and such how to tune your 3.8

IM not getting any chk engine light but my motor idles high and has a miss throughout the powerband and today just for ****s and giggles I jumped the Aldi to see if maybe it would pull up somthing other then the clear 12 and my IAC went nuts like it was gonna burst.

So here I am old school troubleshooting without a scanmaster, plugs..ok, wires...ok, coil pack...ok, vacuum lines all look good, my troubleshooting vacuum gauge shows low vac at 15 inches but steady...late valve timing is what that should mean...hmmm how do i adjust that? hammer perhaps?

Maybe injector is causing the miss and when I get the scanmaster I know it will tell me proper volts etc for setting up my IAC and throttle but will it tell me if an injector is taking a dump or is it back to old school to pull out each one?

Can i check anything with a multimeter with out sticking pins into wires for contact points

Man do i feel dumb tripping over 20 yr old tech

help if you can or a few words of encourgment would do alot
]
Mike

addition

A nd did they have a scanmaster 20 years ago? I know for sure no laptops were around, or theyd been as big as a suitcase and I tried to pay the builder of the motor to troubleshoot but man what a jerkoff he was....you thought i was trying to get into skull and bones.

Guess when i was giving him a headsup on what it was doing he figured i was out to pick his brain and run and he hath keeper of thy gate wilith have none from ole ye of little knowledge...good grief

just frustrated...think i'll go back out in the garage and kick a quadrajet

Mike

So you don't have Scanmaster? It's not very expensive, has just about all the info you need to get your car running well and is pretty damn reliable. You can start here Turbo Regal Web Site with the spring cleaning and once you get a scan tool go on from there. It's not that hard really.

tryin to find this problem is goin to be tough without some sort of scantool to get readings and info about whats goin on. i would recommend buying something like a scanmaster to get some data recorded, ur gonna want one anyways becasuse without one ur car may go boom!

ur problem sounds sorta like a vac. leak, but then again maybe the IAC actin up, misadjusted or bad but its hard to tell without the scantool. others will chime in and help im sure, hope this helps!

Back