You can type here any text you want

max effort

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87turbot

is this chip really if had this chip for 6 months. never can get it
right its allways running rich and stalls dont really understand it. all ready talked to max effrt service. is this chip worth tacking to someone to tune it or is it just better to get another one

One thing is you need to "boot" up the chip. Try turning the thumbwheel to "0", turn the key forward for 30 seconds, then turn the thumbwheel to any number, then fire the car. On my chip if I do not "boot" when the chip first goes in the car runs extremely rich. Try that and post back.

Sweet6 said:
One thing is you need to "boot" up the chip. Try turning the thumbwheel to "0", turn the key forward for 30 seconds, then turn the thumbwheel to any number, then fire the car. On my chip if I do not "boot" when the chip first goes in the car runs extremely rich. Try that and post back.

Yes ! Set thumbwheel to 0 disconnect the orange wire, wait about 30 seconds reconnect it. Turn the key to the on postion. Do not start, just let the chip load to the computer. Wait about 30-45 seconds then start it. See how it runs! If you still have problems contact Steve Y and he will set you straight! He is one of the best when it comes to customer service! He will not let you go until its right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin:

People who have the chip usually get with me to go over the basics unless they may have a bootleg version.

By the sounds of it, you have been struggling for some time.

I don't believe I have ever heard from you, not sure.

There are differant versions for stock mass air setups, translator setups, no mass air setups . You could have a mis-match on the mass air vs the chip.
OR the injector is wrong for the chip.

Where did you get the unit and what version is written on the tag?

Steve

Back