You can type here any text you want

Mazda 3. Had to kill it.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Black Box

Out cruisin'.
I'm on my way over to my brother's place tonight, gonna cook up some burgers & dogs on the grill. Not in a big hurry or anything, and I'm not really one to pick on the imports, most of 'em are too easy for the GN.

I pull up to the stoplight to turn right onto International Drive, a nice, long industrial road with some nice sweeping curves. We regularly use it as a burnout area when we're out cruising, leaving a new "signature" at the end of our cruises. I notice there's a blue Mazda 3 with big diameter white aftermarket wheels behind me. No big deal, I'm not really in the mood to play.

Light turns green and I start moving at a normal pace, and I notice this kid is riding my ass. I get on it a little to put some distance between us, until we hit the first "S" turns. Mazda driver moves back onto my bumper, then quickly out to the right in a psuedo-slingshot, and getting too damn close to my rear bumper for my peace of mind. Hmmmm. Suddenly my mind goes into race mode. We get out of the "S" turn and I realize he's on it hard. My right foot went to the floor and I start walking him, despite his forward momentum. I keep my foot planted, hugging the apexes of the sweeping curves of the open, empty road until the speedo swoops past 85. No tire squealing, just sure footed handling, better than I could expect. The road is gonna merge into one lane soon, and by this time I am well ahead of Mr. Mazda by convincing margin of 4 car lengths. I hit the brakes and slow to a comfortable speed of 60mph. Surprisingly, Mr. Mazda doesn't attempt any flyby or anything, but he does get back up on my ass. He soon realizes I'm done proving my point and backs off though, and he probably saw me chuckling in my rear view mirror.

Score the first win for the Grand Prix. Too bad I wasn't in the GN, it coulda been its first import kill in a long time. And at least he wouldn't have been as humiliated getting beat by a musclecar instead of my 4dr daily driver. Silly thing isn't even a supercharged car. Standard Series II 200HP 3.8 :D I think that bruised his ego.

Hopefully I'll have a decent GN kill story soon. This one just gave me an appetite. :cool: Just gotta keep the adrenaline in check till the circumstances are right.

Steve

Ex Gf's husband has a Mazda 3. I am sure that was not him, but it makes me happy to hear about someone beating a Mazda 3!!

cool story, especially when i found out you wasnt in the GN, that was good how you set that up.

Zoom,Zoom turned to gloom. And Ill bet your Prix is paid for too. That makes it all the better.

For the price/class the car is in, it is pretty good looking (compared to cavi, fu*kus, neon, etc.). BTW good kill. For you GP get a cat back (I had Borla) and the short intake from grandprixstore.com . It took 1.1 sec off my 1/4 mile time in my 01 Monte SS.

Nick

Back