You can type here any text you want

ME and Trans, Trans + or just go with the ME-r?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Reaper

Pit Bitch
a bit of background of on my car. 118k on a strong motor (copression is 150+ on all 6 ). blue tops, ME 8pos. duttneck, 3000 stall, tomka style cold air intake.

alright here is my problem is my original maf too a dump. so i have 4 options :

1: reman maf ( i have searched and found a "new maf" from advanced auto parts)`
2: trans & LT1 maf with my ME
3: trans + & LT1 maf with my ME

OR

ME-R

the ME-r would prolly not be the best choice but hell why not try it out on a semi stock car :) over kill i know.

the reman maf is a toss up and i would not lose any performace and have the same tunablity

the trans with either the LT1 or LS1 maf is prolly the best bet. i will prolly go with the LT1 maf cause i have 3" tubing.

the trans + offers the offers the most, however i doubt i will ever come close to the tuning this can offer with the ME.

what do you guys think.

thanks
dathan

T+

LS1 3/5" MAF. (Get the adapter hoses)

Why? That's what I have with the 16 pos. ME. :)

Timing adjustments would be important as that's where the ME is lacking in the 8 pos. version I belive.

T+ offers good easy timing adjustments.

salvage, thanks for the reply.... i have 2 18* and 5 23* settings with the 8pos. ME. i think its in my sig but i also have Alcky not that it matter much in the choice.

come on guys more input!

My 16pos. has 8 18* and 8 20* settings.

Never sent it back for more timing with alky.

I just use the translator to up the timing at the track with some GT100 and the alky.

Tune with the T+ there in 2* increments and run 20* timing on the street.

Sounds like the 23*works for you so maybe no reason to tune more with timing, I dunno....

It's easy to do however with the T+. :)

any more input?

as of right now i will get the translator plus and the best deal on what ever maf :)

however more input would be nice.

T+ and 16pos ME.

At that point you can basically adjust anything.

Back