You can type here any text you want

Melbourne Florida /surrounding areas

• Thread starter Thread starter AsphaltAnihil8r
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
A

AsphaltAnihil8r

I am thinking of relocating to Florida,what do you know about this area,How can I do a more indepht (sp?) of this area on the net..

Jobs
Schools
People(Kindhearted ?)-example People in South beach dont say thank you when I hold the door open,they are just rude people down there..

I am in the Heating/AC business here in Chicago ,make $60K yr
I have done some research and found that the pay is Less ,I can deal with a cut ,but I think I need $25hr at least...

Thanks for any help..
Dennis

25.00 per hour for most trades is unheard of here. Won't have much heating work, well more in that part of Florida but not much. A/C is always on here so that is good for you. Just to give you an example/ that part of the state cost of living is much less than south florida ( IE less wages) homes cost less . If your making 60k in Chicago you don't need 60K here. You can make it there but your going to have to but in the hours to do it.

Neal

YEs I understand the Cost of living is less,my house here is $400K and comparing it to some in Fl,for $250-$275 I can have a Much larger house,,but it's scary to up and move,and make less.
The compant I work for now is a Fortune500 company,Which owns many companies across the US,,so would be cool to transfer and keep the same pay;) ;)

My father is in Southbeach now ,he said I should check out Juipiter ,Stewart,and Palm Beach...:)

yep south beach is not a place I like. How are you paying for a 400,000 house on 60K??? My home is about 300,00 here in Pompano. Pay is better here in Broward as there are more people here but I doubt you could get 25 per hour here or Dade county where your dad is. I wish there were good jobs up the coast as that is where I would be. its very nice up coast. North of palm beach is the way to go. for 275,000 you could own a palace up the coast.

I have to go along with Neal, Palm Beach County is one of the higher paying areas on the East coast. I've been in the building trades for 30 plus years and I have to tell you walking in 60k is a lot to ask. I will say that heating/air is one of the better paying trades around here.

I've been in business for myself for over 20 years in P.B. County and have seen a lot of ups and downs, I'd tell you my yearly average over the last 10, but I wouldn't want you guy's to laugh at me...:D

:cool:

Well one job is $60k the 2nd job is $50K and the wife brings home the bacon as a teacher..;) :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

But I need my life back,and want to sell this house,if I make a profit on this house that would help with the new homegiveing me less to worry about..Its a big step..
Thanks for any and all info.
Dennis:)

Back