Members in Ala!!!!!!

RUQWKNF27

Are any of you out there???? If so would like to know. I think AL may be one of the few states that does not have a club.. Guess this is why!!!

hi

Hi i'm from Fort Payne, just up the road from you. Give me a yell sometime. I have a 1987 gn. What about your car,what you have?They are a track about 30 min from me.

Kimberly is about 18-20 miles north of Birmingham. Currently my car is in pieces as it has been for a few years now thanks to a botched machine shop rebuild and a "friend" who I am still trying to track down parts and $$$ from. I'm in the process of gathering the necessary parts to finish the rebuild now. I originally wanted to build a high 10 sec. car. After the fiasco that I'm been through, I think that I'm shooting for a mid 11 sec ride and just drive it to Dairy Queen!

If you're in Gadsden, I'm sure that you know Wes Ingram (gold t-type and a GN). He's been fooling with the turbo Buicks for years. We used to race together in Birmingham years ago.

Hi Guys

Hey Monk my name is Chris Tidmore i've been over your house a couple of times I drive a candy red C5 vette. My girlfriend mom lives like 4 blocks from your house. Came over to see ya about 2 weeks ago Sunday , talk to your wife , an she said you were asleep. She told me about the misshap with your crank, man that sucks. My car is a 87 GN ttype with trw's forged, ported stock heads, 2800 stall, Te-60 with only 4000 miles on the rebuild an the @^#$%#$ thing just started smoking so need to get one soon. 42.5 inj tomka cold air kit 210/205 cam precision front cover, car runs good but only has stock intercooler , its a real bottle neck in my combo so need a larger intercooler as well. My other Gn had a CAS VR4 stretch remember when I changed over from the stock one, man it felt like another car. That was with a PT-54 an 50 pounders an a 10"3500 nonlockup. Sold the car now it is in Huntsville rumored to be running 6:60's but not sure. But when I sold it it ran very well. I remember the first time that I really got on it after I had some miles on everything motor/tranny/suspension/fuel system/turbo/intercooler/welds I did it all at one time had some super money in this car well back to the point, I stalled it up one night to about 8 pounds of boost an let her rip, scared the hell out of me after I let off the gas my foot was shaking so bad I could barely mash the brake down to slow down, but it was awesome. Wish this car could be like that. Hey Kimberly Al, yes I know Wes Ingram he's a ok guy but really arrogant about his cars an how fast they are. The gold car an 1 of his GN"s burn in a garage fire. So now he has a charcoal grey turbo t an a 86 GN. Hey I go to B-ham a lot cause the GF lives there so if you ever need some help with t he car let me know..

Smiths, AL - here!

I don't have a TR yet, but will be getting one in the next week or so.:D

**I just rememered this post. I was getting a gn when I posted this, but the guy sold the car out from under me :mad: . Now it's Feb 04 and I'm still looking for a TR. Someday, maybe someday;)

Helena, Al. here (might as well say Birmingham)..

RUQWKNF, did you sell your GN to a guy named Jose from Huntsville? If so, he had to rebuild the engine about a month or so after he got it. Spun a bearing. He's got the car back together but last I heard was still having tuning issues. If memory serves, it now has a 70 turbo and 72lb injectors with a front mount. Last I saw he was nowhere near 6.60's.. Jose's a pretty bright guy and will probably get it straightened out..

My in-laws live in Southside so maybe we'll meet up when I come up that way.

Oh, and my car is an 87T.. Dark maroon..

I've heard of most of you guys, but never met you.

Hey 1NARUNEM

Yea I live in Gadsden, an yes that was my car that Jose has now. Car was fine when son. But here the man son that bought the car from me got a little happy with a lot of boost an not a lot of octane, which hurt the motor. How do you know them?? from the Huntsville track possibly?? Last I talk to him he was experimenting with a thumbwheel an 72 pounders. Said he wanted to sell the single shot but did not know about the frontmount he has now, if so there is a V-4 possibly for sale too. Guy definitely has the dough to do anything he wants. Hated to sell the car but there was a girl involved 600 miles away at the time an well when it comes to females an cars, cars can only do so much for ya. To make a long story short moved back bough a C-5 an another very sweet GN!!! Which is in the current Auto Trader with the GNX wheels. If youe ever in Gadsden give me a call or if you ever want to chat on turbo regals feel free to call 256-390-9410 sad to say car is currently sold as of last nite. But there is as of yet any money in my hand. Guess will see. Guy in Cali saw it on the comp crazy story!!!

I met Jose through the local camaro club. He had another GN at the time that I bought from him. It had some issues too. Bought it like that and got it running good. Sold it and bought my current T.

Hate to see you sold your GN.. Plan on getting another?
Later..

Yea Sure

Will be looking later in the year for another one. Like to find one that runs mid twelves in good condition. So if you hear or know of one let me know..

Heyyy, we got two...1 we-4 and one of the five alcohol test cars...ones good for high 6's ...the we-4 60K stock motor...low7's....2fast4u is my cousin;) ...we also live in kimberly as well....we all need to get together:cool:

Ok

Let me know!!! Smokinttype my # is listed above. My GN is sold as of right now just waiting for the guy to come an pick it up. But still drive it a little, got it out this morning about 2 a.m. an the car ran great . I met a guy ian his dad 1 time in Steele about 3 - 4 years ago an they had a WE-4 that ran pretty fast maybe it was you!! Just remember it had a club convertor an they had another family member that had a tr. If you are going to Bristol at the end of the month then i'll probaly see you there. Be in a red vette names chris. Will be looking for another car soon. This one will be a keeper!!!!,so it will half to be pretty nice/// Give me a call if you know of one..

Yeah that was us....the car didnt run that hot then b/c ...we had some suspension piece that was supposed to awesome and turned out it was keepin us out of the 11's at the time.. its much faster now.....there are 4 turbo regals in our family now...mines the quickets of any of them....i know of anohter guy around here that has a stage 1 272...that he thinks is soo bad his car isnt all that its 4,000+ pounds and mines 3,300 with a stout 109 block in it te45a 9/11 billet ported heads this N that...everything that you can possibly throw at it... its mean..i still gotta put 72# injectors in mine and piggy back another fuel pump to this one.... i hope to get out ahead of him off the start and hopfully stay out just enough to win...so he'll shut up.....come holla at me sometime... i have AIM and yahoo messengers if yuo have either one of those...my AIM is smokinttype and my yahoo is smokinttype6..so holla at me