modern MAF with OE air intake??

vader6

Turbo Buick enthusiast
has anyone found a way to put the "modern" LT1 MAF guts into an old stock housing, so you can run a translator and keep the stock appearance of the OE air cleaner setup
thanks

I am working on this now. I am about finished. I can post a picture of the mock up. You have to loose the original flexible tube. I found cent 12 aircraft tubing which will work.

I am working on this now. I am about finished. I can post a picture of the mock up. You have to loose the original flexible tube. I found cent 12 aircraft tubing which will work.
yeah, I don't intend on using the flex tube, just want the OE maf sensor with my translator...please show me what ya got thanks!!

This was a dilemma for me because I am converting to e85 and turning the boost way up on a stock engine. The thought of running 24 ibs boost on a 30 year old MAF that has known issues was not happening. The other problem is the original air tube is not made and the Kirban one is too short.

This is where I am at on this. Your need:

LT1 MAF-Black Plastic-$100- one inch shorter than original and an 1/8 larger diameter that stock MAF
3 3inchNo-Hub coupling-Use black rubber center-$15
6 black intake clamps-Highway Stars-$30
2 feet Ceet 12 aircraft tubing-Wicks Aircraft Supply-$36-(Anthony P told me about this)(remove string)
2 zip ties
The pictures are missing the coupler for the turbo side and the zip ties under the clamps to the 2 holes on the original MAF support.

The other open issue is the labeling on the tubing-white letters AERODUCT. I am going to install this set up as is. I have purchased flat black flexible vinyl and fabric paint to test on the tubing while under the hood. I plan on painting the extra piece of the tubing once I cut it to fit. Anone have any ideas on improving this?
IMG_1472.JPG
IMG_1473.JPG
IMG_1474.JPG

Ok, I see what ya have going here, I was hoping for a way to keep the OE MAF sensor but update it with new maf guts so to speak...but this just may work for me as well, time to tinker a bit...

Ok, I see what ya have going here, I was hoping for a way to keep the OE MAF sensor but update it with new maf guts so to speak...but this just may work for me as well, time to tinker a bit...

I thought of the same thing. After looking at the new MAF and Old-diameter differences etc-could not be done by me. The other problem is the original MAF tube is too short and is 3 1/8 in diameter. The ceet 12 tube is 3 inch. but cut to fit. My approach will work for what I am doing.

Another option for modern MAF installation.

thanks people!! knew there had to be some options out there!!