Moog K6177

KC_ WE4

I am needing the front lower control arm bushings but I'm running into a bit of confusion. K6177 is labeled as a kit so I assume it has both bushings, Moog's site says 2 bushings and I even called Moog and the support guy confirmed K6177 kit is a 2 bushing kit.

I ordered the kit 1st from amazon and it came with only 1 bushing. I returned to Amazon and then tried Rockauto.com which said "Package Quantity As Shown In Image" which the image shows 2 bushings. I received the package and only 1 bushing. I am checking with them to see what is going on.

1st question I have is the pictures all show 2 different size bushings in this kit. Can someone confirm the bushings for the front LCA are 2 different sizes?
2nd question has anyone ordered Moog K6177 and got 2 bushings in the box?

There is a parts store about 40 minutes from me that says they have in stock I may check depending on what Rockauto replies with. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

WOW, looks like Federal Mogul has more problems with Moog parts, and not just the K6421 front lower kit that I wrote about in December.

the front lower control arm uses two different size bushings - both should be included in the K6177 kit. these are the regular OE style rubber bushings.

As pictured on rock auto and as noted by the Federal Mogul/ Moog "GURUS" at tech support----there should be both bushings in the kit.

Suggest you contact the "GURU's" at tech support again and ask them to create a complaint about wrong product/missing product in the box. need to have the box so that you can read them the date code on the label.

I'll be contacting Federal Mogul for a status update on fixing the inventory for the K6421 Problem solver kit and I'll add the K6177 kit as well to the conversation.

I suggest you contact Federal Mogul customer service at 248-354-7700. My contact has been Josie - she is the Federal Mogul national account rep for Advance Auto Parts accounts.

you can also send an email to:

per.orders@FMMotorparts.com

be sure to include a pic of the the box label so they can see first hand the date code to track and pull inventory.

the hard part in this mess is determining what stores drop ship this stuff directly from Federal Mogul vs which stores carry their own inventory in their own warehouses. Amazon and Rock Auto most likely have inventory in their own warehouse so who knows what you would find or how old is it. brick and mortar auto parts stores like Advance, AutoZone, O'Reilly's, etc are all having product drop shipped directly from Federal Mogul's warehouse. the Smyrna, TN warehouse is where the multiple sets of fubar'd K6421 kits came from that I and another GN owner ordered via Advance Auto.

Federal Mogul and Moog seem to be quite a MUSTERCLUCK nowadays...certainly not what they used to be.

I'll let them know. I already got my return label from Rockauto. I guess I'll just go to the local auto store and get whatever they have on the shelf. I have ordered everything for my front suspension already and except for my proforged end links everything else is Moog and looks to be good so not sure what is going on with the LCA bushings.

The moog tech support guy said the Amazon stuff if shipped directly from Amazon should have been correct. He said Rockauto doesn't get their stuff direct from them anymore so no guarantees on what you will get from Rockauto. Thanks Anthony.