You can type here any text you want

More on BOV's

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tracy

My TTA also has a BOV (Greedy)

What I want to know is; if by backing the screw out and thus reducing spring pressure boost pressure also drops.

My car shudders and I hear intermittent bursts of air escaping that are in sequence with the shuddering. Only happens when backing off the throttle.

I am guessing the BOV is trying to bleed pressure off but cannot do a good job because of spring tension.

holy crap no wonder, no one recomemds BOV's for Turbo Buicks...

Pssst... I have never had a problem I would say had anything to do with the BOV.

Spend money on a good BOV I have no clue if the one you have is acceptable for any boost over 12psi, but make sure you have a stiff spring, ect...

If I knew for sure, I'd tell you :)

What I have learned from posts and PM's here on the board is that my BOV is designed to use air pressures from the vacuum and boost lines to assist the spring tension to open and shut the BOV diaphragm at the right time.

If the spring tension allows the valve to open, it will allow pressure to escape. That is good if you're transitioning from WOT to idle....

Sorry I don't have more to offer, but, I am sure the expertise is here and available to you on this board.

Best Regards :)

Back