You can type here any text you want

MPH and typical ET???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbov6joe

Signal 1 J-12
What are typical ET's for a TTA running 111 mph with say a high 1.6x or a low 1.7x short time???
I recently ran three low 11.7x's at 111 mph with high 1.9x short times on Nitto Drag Radials in 97* heat and HIGH humidity in a 99% OE car... After owning a 10 second GN for 13 years, I feel kinda stupid asking the same simple questions I hated to read time and time again, so bear with me:)
I noticed that the TTA's seem to mph higher than the GN's do.

With the stock setup, I ran a 12.15@111.09 with a 1.69 short time.

TTAs are quicker than Buicks.....we ran 11s @115 back in 1990's with a stocker....TTAs MPH way better ;)

12.7@119 and a crappy 60 feet 2.25
No boost at the line and leaving with heavy black smoke after the car.
Gotta get this car to work correct some day.....

Had a G-tech test later with 10psi at the start, 11.96@123.1 but ive heard that the miles are to high with the G-tech.

Swede, how are you holding 10 psi on the street? I know of one way to do this but it is pretty hard on the car and I dont like to be too hard on it because its going to be a daily driver. So, whatcha got?:D

Its's good to see that I'm not just imagining that the TTA feels way quicker than my GN did back when it was a stocker. Can't wait to get it out to the track...

I thought it seemed pretty typical to run low 12 teens at 111 mph! Our local track is pretty crappy, and a low 1.9x is the best short time I've been able to get thus far. I read of some folks getting low 1.6x's on the same Nittto DR's I'm using, good track I guess. Here is another question for y'all:
With my GN, I was able to readjust the ET by converting my 60'
2 for 1. Example....If I had a 1.90 short time and ran 11.60, then had a 1.60 short time the next, I would have ran a 11.00. I could subtract 1.60 from 1.90 and have .30 X 2 = .60 off of my ET or the 11.00 pass.....and that ALWAYS was right on the money!
Are the TTA's about the same??? I'm trying to get a feel of where my TTA might be ET wise if I had a good hook'n track to race on:D

Originally posted by TT/Ameasap
Swede, how are you holding 10 psi on the street? I know of one way to do this but it is pretty hard on the car and I dont like to be too hard on it because its going to be a daily driver. So, whatcha got?:D

Have a transbrake mounted.
But you can also try the pumping hard-pressing the pedal-e-brake trick.

Actually I have a Stageright trans brake waiting to be put in as well as a Gil Younger shift kit and an additional tranny cooler. What tires are you all using that net those low 1.6x short times? I think after my Nitto DR's are gone, I might switch to a M&H Racemaster in a 305/40/16 which actually fit quite well on the OE wheels. My buddy has them on his TTA and he always has good 60's. What kind of boost should I expect to have to launch at to see the 1.6's???

Nitto's require good track prep and seat time..My good 60 foots have always come as soon as the track has opened.I run them 16-18 lbs tho others use 22 lbs.Its what works for you.I only have less than a handful of 1.6xx times a bunch more 1.7's and a bazillion 1.8 plus.

Last nite ran 12.059 at 113.42 with a 1.85 60 foot.With a new turbo....

And 60 foots dont equate to 1-2 more like for every .10 equals .15 of the top

Back