You can type here any text you want

Mufflex

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

merc

How does the 4" single outlet sound/perform on our cars? Does it sound similar to the atr single shot for the tr's or is it loud and sound like a fart can? How much hp will it support, on their site it say 450 or so hp buy that dont seem like much. Thanks

One of the guys here is running a 4" Mufflex system with a 4" Borla muffler on his 11 flat car and he said that the car runs nearly identical times through the exhaust or out the dump... so I'd say a single 4" setup is pretty good on the fast cars ;)

Mufflex usually supplies Spintechs, which are LOUD. They're essentially an open box with spiral baffles. They do have resonance like a flowmaster. You're better off with a straight-through perforated tube packed muffler like a Dynomax, Borla, Straightline Performace, or Magnaflow. Besides the exhaust gases having a straight shot through the perf tube, the packing will quiet the car and cut down on if not eliminate any resonance.

Is your car making enough power to require a 4" exhaust? Only reason I'm asking is that Mufflex's pipes are pretty spendy, and they're only aluminized. For the prices they're asking I would expect the systems to be stainless.

You can get a full 3" stainless system from SLP for $390, and one of the members here has it and is very happy with it. Look down the list for a post called "best cat-back?" or something similar.

Ive read the cat back posts, just wanted to see what you guys think about mufflex. My car is pretty much stock now but winter is coming up and I think its time for some heads, te45a, a set of 55lb injector, thdp etc.. Keep the posts coming. Thanks

with out going to a 4 inch down pipe I can t see the benefit.....

As the exguast gases cool.......as they get further from the cc....they take up less and less room......So the further you go back in the exhuast the less room you need anyways.....

Its only as good as the weakest link at that point.....the 3 inch dp being the plug......

And I d like to see a 4 inch dp with ac etc......who ever has that must be very very motivated.....

Ive never saw the thdp for the tta so I dont know how tight of a fit it is, but i wonder if someone could build a 4" oval shaped dp. I thought i read somewhere that and oval 4" flows just as well as a peice of 4" straight pipe. As for the mufflex system I would just like the least amount of backpressure that I can get so a 4" cat back seems to be the best route. Any comments are welcome. Thanks.

I had 4" sysytems on all my firehawks that I have owned and loved them. They had a guy working there with a GN (maybe a T-Type I can not remember) with a 4" and it sounded great. They also do great custom work, price is a little high but you get what you pay for. They also did a custom 3" job on my TY and if I had not gone with a 3'" crossflow from ATR (Got it brand new for a great price) I would have gone to Mufflex for there 4" and had them custom make a 3 1/2 or 4" DP. Ask for Dennin and tell them Don Krueger (That is Krueger like Freddy) sent you.

Back