You can type here any text you want

Mustang VS. Turbo Trans Am

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

RatFink

PutTheNeedleOnTheRecord!
I just got back from taking the TTA for a spin. The weather here in Western Kentucky is perfect turbo car weather! Crispy cold air, wow, no knock on the good old scanner. Boost was at 25lbs and it was rockin. I ran up on a late model Mustang GT. You could tell that is was supercharged from the whining. I'd been cruisin for about 15-20 minutes salvating like a dog at the prospects of a good race in the cold air. Well, I couldn't help running up next to him and seeing what would happen. I heard him gear down and the supercharger came up in it's volume so I pulled down in 2nd gear and hit the electric cutout and , at a 40 mph roll mashed the gas, the nose came up and the drag radials were hookin like crazy. The stang was losing ground fast, so I let out as we were entering town. We pulled in to a parking lot and it turned out I'd graduated high school with the guy. It was a supercharged 351. He said he last ran a 7.80 in the 1/8. That's where I was last year before the 60#'s, intercooler mod, turbo tweak and the 61 BB addition this spring/summer. I think if it was a 0 to 100 or 1/4 mile run I would have beat him. These cars are a blast in the fall night weather. You all should take your TTAs out and give them some love.. Don't worry about the mileage, eventual value , blah, blah blah. Too much fun to let em sit.:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Back