My car is back together and runs!

Rogue Leader

Eat my valvestem caps!!!!
Got my Tranny back into it yesterday. What a job! But it wasnt so bad cause the car has only 30k miles. Of course I wanted to take it to work today but its freekin snowing!

Anyway My tanked converter ended up taking out the transmission too. I ended up having Dynotech in NJ build me a Street/Strip tranny and they gave me a Honda Radiator sized Derale cooler, and a PTS 2400 stall converter.

So while I cant beat on it yet I did take it for a run around the block, man this thing runs nice... I mised it so much, never ran this great before. Oh and it managed to chirp the tires on the 1-2 shift at only 1/4 throttle :) (yeah cooper cobra tires LOL).

Now I got a tranny temp gauge to make sure this doesnt happen again... but uhh... What temp should I be concerned about??? Especially on a nice cooking hot day at englishtown.

BTW if anyone recals, a lot of people thought I took out the bottom end of my motor, and in the back of my mind I was thinking how Id flip if i cranked the engine and heard that clanking noise. SO we get everything bolted up, ready to go, and I prepare to start it up (first time since august of last year)... It cranks and starts perfect and i hear "clank clank clank clank clank clank". My Jerk friend andy was banging on the inside of the fender with a wrench. They nearly called an ambulance because my freekin heart stopped!!!!

Aren't friends great!
Glad your car's back together. Now if this weather could get its act together, we'd all be a lot happier.

Hey man thats awesome I just got my new tranny in this weekend as well and boy was it nice to get back into mine again. And it sucked cause it rained all yesterday and most of today down here. Good luck with it.

Originally posted by Rogue Leader
It cranks and starts perfect and i hear "clank clank clank clank clank clank". My Jerk friend andy was banging on the inside of the fender with a wrench. They nearly called an ambulance because my freekin heart stopped!!!!
LMFAO :D