You can type here any text you want

My final audio question...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BlackMetal

Thank god...my stereo project is coming to an end. All speakers are installed and functional after arguing with Metra and CircuitCity for two days about which speaker adapters work (Still haven't found any that work with the front door speakers).

Anyways, with the larger 6x9 speakers in the trunk, the magnets are really close to those cross members that run across the back seat. Is there any danger in having the magnet right near the metal? Any chance with the magnet constantly trying to attract the metal bar that the speaker would weaken over time or anything like that? Should I make an effort to insulate the magnet from surrounding metal?

Big magnets 6x9 will get close or even touch the x brace. Just make shure you have the 4x10 to 6x9 adapters correctly mounted. You will need to figure out to sandwhich somthing between it. If there are rubbing between that it will not affect anything in sound it might chip off the magnet a bit, it's just going to have annoying rattle. Some 6x9 has a rubber that goes aroung the magnet that will solve this problem. If I do a set at work I will remove the rubber around the magnet and let you know, you can have it just pay shipping.

Ok thanks for the help. For now I'll just find some vacuum hose to slip over the brace for now to quiet the rattle.

Turbo6Chicago said:
Thank god...my stereo project is coming to an end. All speakers are installed and functional after arguing with Metra and CircuitCity for two days about which speaker adapters work (Still haven't found any that work with the front door speakers).

Anyways, with the larger 6x9 speakers in the trunk, the magnets are really close to those cross members that run across the back seat. Is there any danger in having the magnet right near the metal? Any chance with the magnet constantly trying to attract the metal bar that the speaker would weaken over time or anything like that? Should I make an effort to insulate the magnet from surrounding metal?
I have been doing stereos for a long time, and I have never heard of anything bad happening to a speaker from something like that. It's definitaly an interesting question though. As far as insulating it if it's not actually hitting it I wouldn't worry about it. Good luck

Okay, thanks for you're input. I might still cushion the magnet from the bar anyway to cushion the rattling, but it is good to know that nothing bad should result from it. Thanks for the help stereo guys.

Back