You can type here any text you want

My old Regal

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

"Turbo-T"

V6 on steroids
Regal007.jpg

Regal005.jpg

buicks007.jpg

buicks006.jpg

misc003.jpg

Not a turbo car but thought I'd share.

Always wanted one of these when I was in high school back in '95. That's when G body cars were popular among us highschool kids. I had an 86 Cutlass back then that didn't survive an accident 6 days after I took delivery.

Fast forward 10 years later....decided I still wanted one and started searching online...found this one 30 miles from my house almost overnight. It was a 1 owner Florida car. No rust, no dents. Paint was faded and interior was in need of a make over but the best part was this was a 72k unmolested survivor car. Solid too. And it ran and drove great. Little 3.8 liter 2 bbl carb fed and a TH-200 auto sent the power to a 7.5 rear with a 2.41:1 ring and pinion. Yes it was probably the biggest slug I've ever driven (besides my '81 Capri with the 200 inline 6/C4 auto) but I fell in love with the car.

Then Uncle Sam gave me orders to move across the U.S. and I couldn't keep it, so I sold it, along with a Chevelle. I still wished I had my old Regal today, I'd probably be building a 455 for it. But I told myself I'd have another Regal but it would be a turbo car. That's how I got my TR.

All I remember is when we used to get a carbed V6 Buick in the shop (in any g body) it mostly had oil leaks and a "tip in" hesitation that wasn't related to the accelerator pump shot. Purge valves would go bad all the time too. Other than that I liked them.

Yours looked nice too!

Thanks.

Purge valve....the diverter valve for the air injection pump? Mine used to make this noisy hollow rattle.

I do recall the choke pull off didn't work right when I first got it and it would idle like it had a radical camshaft in the mornings. Once I fixed that it ran smooth as butter.

Back