You can type here any text you want

N/A stage II?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mygrain

unregistered
Anyone running one on the street? How is it holding up? What times does it run? Thanks, just curious.

Jake

Stage II on the street

I'm running a Normally aspirated Stage II on the street. Its in my Kit Cobra and runs great. In fact it runs too cold even in Georgia.

My motor is a 274" 11.5 to 1 compression with a BIG 4 barrel Holley. We used a very mild circle track cam that pulls hard from around 2200 RPM up to 8,000. I use a Weaver Bros 3 stage dry sump system. We changed the sprocket ratios so that we'd have good idle oil pressure (Weavers suggestion). Pressure using 10/30 oil is 65 at idle (hot) and 100psi at 8,000 RPM. Motor put out 473 HP and 390 ft lb of torque. Got a geared cam drive and Jesel Rockers, LA Billet crank with Oliver Rods. Custom stepped headers into the Cobra side pipes.

Thanks to Chuck Leepers help we got the car down to 1.47 60' time on 8" M/T ET Streets with an ET of 10.8 at 124. Chuck believes that we can get the 60' times and ET even lower with better tires. So far the motor has been absolutely without a problem. Its an odd fire so its got a really "pro stock like" idle but sounds good. Off idle its smooth as silk and I can't believe how easy it revs. We did use a Steel flywheel to get some kinetic energy for the street. McCloud recommended that we use steel and then use a Mill to lighten it up to 22 lbs. Also converted alternator to gilmer belt to match water pump and oil pump belts, looks better that way.

In closing this motor has the Ford Cobra guys scratching their heads with its performance. Which was the idea...

Regards,

Back